Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.1 installing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must have been on the naughty list, still waiting. I know it’s all hit and miss but in the past had been lucky and normally get hit within about 100-200 on TeslaFi but not this time. Oh well, am sure it will come at some point, perhaps when the HW3 retrofit ramps up in Q1 (apparently) although that’ll probably be USA and then the UK in 2022

Seems a weird mix of who gets/loses what. Plenty of reports of SR+ losing streaming on LTE. I updated my SR+ last night and have fully working voice commands, text message reading & replying, satellite maps and live traffic display (which I didn’t before) and Netflix still works on LTE. I don’t think I’ll be updating for a little while if I get to keep all that!

Hmm. Just installed it. Quite a lot not working. "Open glovebox" works. "Show me the rear camera" does not. It correctly identifies what I say and shows the text, but then doesn't show the camera. Ditto for "set temperature to 21" (I even tried set temperature to 70, even though I work in Centigrade). "Turn on my seat heater" does work, but sets it to maximum. Also, I don't have my favourite contacts displayed. I can't call a contact, nor can I "sent text to".

Anyone else having these problems?

Yes same here. Voiice commands stopped working completely until I disconnected my phone, reconnected and did a hard reset.

:(Mine got stuck at the end and has sat like this for two days so far. I've raised a service request asking them to reset the download for me.

stuck download.jpg

Yes same here. Voiice commands stopped working completely until I disconnected my phone, reconnected and did a hard reset.

I've rebooted the car (two buttons plus brake pedal) and also repaired my phone. I'm still getting a sub-par experience. Some commands work, but others, including the ones advertised in the release notes, don't. Open the glovebox is super reliable, whereas not once have I managed to show the rear camera.
I also don't have the "favourites" tab in the phone card. At all. It just isn't there. I have yet to see any messages in the messages tab either, although at least the tab is there.
I'm particularly surprised about the voice commands. Given that the voice is actually understood (as it is displayed), I can't understand why the same command works for some people but not others. Showing the rear camera doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be hampered by EU regulations, or be different across regions.

Who does get to see the stop signs etc? Only FSD cars or everybody? Also, someone mentionned only for HW3 cars.
Mine was delivered end of november and I see the pylons on the road but not the stop signs.
I don't have FSD by the way