TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.40.50.1 installing

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Tonybvi, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Compuguide

Compuguide Member

Got my update this morning.
    Haven't tried it yet.
    Very slow start to the day, given the festivities of yesterday!
    :)

2. booni3

booni3 Member

Got the update a couple of days ago. Undertaking in heavy traffic seems to be quite improved but I have not really noticed any other improvements so far.

• Helpful x 1
  3. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Found a new field in the car api since this version

[ece_restrictions] => 1

this is in addition to the existing related field

[eu_vehicle] => 1

4. PaulJohn

PaulJohn Member

Perhaps there’s a way to turn off the ECE restrictions then...

5. NorfolkMustard

6. Penfold

Penfold Member

I must have been on the naughty list, still waiting. I know it’s all hit and miss but in the past had been lucky and normally get hit within about 100-200 on TeslaFi but not this time. Oh well, am sure it will come at some point, perhaps when the HW3 retrofit ramps up in Q1 (apparently) although that’ll probably be USA and then the UK in 2022

7. Melman

Melman Member

Seems a weird mix of who gets/loses what. Plenty of reports of SR+ losing streaming on LTE. I updated my SR+ last night and have fully working voice commands, text message reading & replying, satellite maps and live traffic display (which I didn’t before) and Netflix still works on LTE. I don’t think I’ll be updating for a little while if I get to keep all that!

8. vitesse

vitesse Active Member

I see from Teslafi that a few AP1 cars have received this - anyone here by any chance?

Some of the new features should work with MCU1 - he said hopefully!

9. andtes2030

andtes2030 New Member

Yes same here. Voiice commands stopped working completely until I disconnected my phone, reconnected and did a hard reset.

10. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

I seem to have traffic visualisations and satellite imagery now, on SR+

11. MacJester

MacJester Member

I’ve spent some time trying to get smart summon to work today. Tried three local public car parks, the supermarket, the gym and two car parks at my station. Smart summon didn’t work in any of them. Has anyone found somewhere it does?

12. Daverh

Daverh Member

:(Mine got stuck at the end and has sat like this for two days so far. I've raised a service request asking them to reset the download for me.

stuck download.jpg

13. NorfolkMustard

What do you see when you tap the yellow arrow icon at the top of the screen?

14. klib

klib Member

Smart summon won't work for me on private land.

15. klib

klib Member

I've rebooted the car (two buttons plus brake pedal) and also repaired my phone. I'm still getting a sub-par experience. Some commands work, but others, including the ones advertised in the release notes, don't. Open the glovebox is super reliable, whereas not once have I managed to show the rear camera.
    I also don't have the "favourites" tab in the phone card. At all. It just isn't there. I have yet to see any messages in the messages tab either, although at least the tab is there.
    I'm particularly surprised about the voice commands. Given that the voice is actually understood (as it is displayed), I can't understand why the same command works for some people but not others. Showing the rear camera doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be hampered by EU regulations, or be different across regions.

16. Daverh

Daverh Member

I've just double checked and it opens up the software tab in the photo above.

17. Mark_T

Mark_T Active Member

Wi-Fi signal looks to be poor, any way you can improve that?

18. tess19

tess19 Member

Have you tried to hotspot from your phone?

19. JanG007

JanG007 Member

Who does get to see the stop signs etc? Only FSD cars or everybody? Also, someone mentionned only for HW3 cars.
    Mine was delivered end of november and I see the pylons on the road but not the stop signs.
    I don't have FSD by the way

20. Daverh

Daverh Member

The car won't connect to my portable hotspot or my phone's hotspot and I've not been able to figure out why. They both have the same network operator so that might be the factor.
    I'm going to set up a access point closer to the garden to see if that helps.