Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.5 installing now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed last night. But I think from now on if you have HW 2.5, it's just pointless.

Since I believe in saying "why" if I mark something disagree...

I find it laughable for someone to say an update is "pointless" because they cant see trash cans or cones in the visualization.

Installed last night. But I think from now on if you have HW 2.5, it's just pointless.
My feelings exactly. It is seems major new features are for the HW3 platform only, and I suspect it is more than visualization. I bought FSD with my June build M3, but got HW2.5. I was constantly following updates until the divergence of features between the two platforms. That excitement won’t likely come back until I get my hardware upgrade.

• Disagree
Reactions: ATLcommute
Just tried something I hadn’t yet tried on the 40.50.x update — coming up to a stop sign, I was on autosteer and manually reduced my TACC to 0. It stopped two times at the stop line rendered. That seems promising that there is some logic already in there.

I’ll try it again later with some more stop signs or possibly lights if there’s no other cars around.

• Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl
Just tried something I hadn’t yet tried on the 40.50.x update — coming up to a stop sign, I was on autosteer and manually reduced my TACC to 0. It stopped two times at the stop line rendered. That seems promising that there is some logic already in there.

I’ll try it again later with some more stop signs or possibly lights if there’s no other cars around.

False alarm. I wasn’t reliably able to reproduce.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
If it was bug fixes, would they not have stopped rolling out 50.1?

50.5 is the major bulk of new installs, but still plenty of 50.1's installing in parallel.

I would have thought that a bug fix would have led to a total cessation of the 'bugged' version. If it was a few cars, then I could have thought that some may have been downloads that were delayed installs, but its a significant number of same mix of cars as installing on 50.5.

Or don't bug fixes work this way?

Reactions: aymelis