TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.40.50.7 bug — unable to remove charging cable from charge port

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by DS369, Jan 1, 2020.

1. DS369

DS369 Member

I need somewhere to keep track of all the bugs I find. But this is a bigger one.

Charging at supercharger, pressed "Stop charging". Went outside, pressed the button on the plug, didn't unlock... Ok, went inside, pressed "Unlock" on the screen... nothing happens. Had to go inside the phone and unlocked the port there... What if my phone was dead or not with me. That would've been fun.

Voice commands work every now and then, more not then yes.

• Disagree x 1
  2. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Wow, I just downloaded 50.5 this afternoon and it's already outdated? Too funny!

3. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Charge port release cable in the trunk.....

• Helpful x 5
  4. Jaiey

Jaiey Member

Faced similar issue, gave few seconds and clicked the button on charge port and it worked.

• Helpful x 1
  5. DS369

DS369 Member

+1. I would've ended up googling for that. Just surprising this unlock bug is there for over a year now.

6. DS369

DS369 Member

I heard you can hold that button for 5+ sec. Will try that next time.

• Like x 1
  7. Webmeister

Webmeister New Member

I had issue with charge port not opening on command from touchscreen , worked with button on supercharger but I don't have that on my home pod point. suppose could use the tesla cable on 3 pin plug.

8. rdskill

rdskill Member

That's how it started with me. Then more often. Eventually had to get the port replaced. Then I couldn't get the port to open just by tapping it. I had to take it back in for that. :(