Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.7 doesn't see traffic lights?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe I am correct that this newest software is supposed to start recognizing stop signs and stop lights. with some careful testing, I AM able to get it to acknowledge that it sees a stop sign. it does so by me leaving the car in autopilot right up to a stop sign and at a point where it is almost too late for me to stop, it indicates that it sees the stop sign and gives a loud beep. this is good, I guess. it would be nice if the car would slow down some at an earlier point. baby steps, I guess.

as far as traffic lights go: I haven't been able to get any indication that my car can "see" the stop lights. let alone slow down or stop for them (when they are red).

have others had similar experiences?

You likely have the HW2 autopilot computer. Only HW3 currently shows stop lights/signs outside of when it thinks you're skipping one
That, or you haven't enabled the FSD visualization preview in your settings.

zaxxon: you hit that nail on the head.
E673383E-F38E-4C37-AEA6-7ADBD347C9CC.jpeg

I believe I am correct that this newest software is supposed to start recognizing stop signs and stop lights. with some careful testing, I AM able to get it to acknowledge that it sees a stop sign. it does so by me leaving the car in autopilot right up to a stop sign and at a point where it is almost too late for me to stop, it indicates that it sees the stop sign and gives a loud beep. this is good, I guess. it would be nice if the car would slow down some at an earlier point. baby steps, I guess.

as far as traffic lights go: I haven't been able to get any indication that my car can "see" the stop lights. let alone slow down or stop for them (when they are red).

have others had similar experiences?

It only shows in the visualizations. You are still driving the car and have to make it stop.
It is only a step toward FSD. (And it makes you still maintain the liability of accidentally entering an intersection)