Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.7 installing now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still on 2019.40.2.x but had been having voice control issues for ages so I reset this who car, yep factory default and set up personal settings again. No problem since. No idea if it would help with the newer updates but mine had been rubbish for a good number of previous versions too. Up to you if you want to give a factory reset a go as you do lose all settings but defo worked for me. Extreme but sometimes extreme is worth a try
What kind of issues were you having with your voice command?

I've been having issues where when I press the button on the steering wheel to activate the voice commands, it usually spins for a long time and then times out. Sometimes it take 5 tries before it works. I’ve had Tesla look at it twice with no resolution.

I have been using TACC and AP on local roads for quite some time and the car would switch lanes and turn the turn signal off also once it finishes the lane change. It does not initiate auto lane change like NOA on hwy, with my MADMAX setting, but once I press the turn signal stalk it changes lane and turns off the signal also. I use AP on local roads extensively and it is mostly flawless for sometime. From local roads on AP and NOA it enters the hwy without any hesitation after 50.1 even without lane marking. This is new to me.
I think since I live in Canada it must’ve recently been approved.

I appreciate the frequent updates, but also agree it would be nice to have some sort of “long term support” release that doesn’t get new features, only occasional bug/vulnerability fixes.

As one of my old bosses was fond of saying, “If you want a software with no bugs, it will never be delivered”.

Even with a really good regression testing model, once you release a SW product to the public, no doubt they will find someway to break it that you didn’t think of.

if tesla let us 'favorite' a release (even if just one) and then let us try a new version and if we didn't like it, revert to the favorite one, that would sure be a step in the right direction. risk-free trial. would also encourage more people to try the features.

yes, its some arch. changes in saving enough state for the favorite release and the current one; since data can change between releases. but, you already have one installed, you favorite it, it saves all state from THIS running instance and for the next install, it upgrades whatever data struct is needed, saves THAT under the NEW tag and if you revert, it restores the firmware AND data state.

it could be done. if they wanted to.

It would be nice to have Microsoft O365/Windows style of release options where you can choose from just Stable releases up to "Beta and be damned"
Then default the car to the slowest Stable release schedule so that you only get releases that have specific update docs while all the others just get the standard "Bug fixes and improvements" type notice :)

It more or less already does. It's called "Standard vs Advanced" Software Updates

I keep getting notices from Tesla that an update is available, only to check in my car and find out that it isn't. And I'm swearing right now, because I'm still on 2019.36. Software update preference of "advanced", my a**.

I'm approximately 100% certain that this UI does nothing except perhaps on HW3/MCU2.

.7 has been ok for me, but only had it a few days now.

LTE music is fine, no pops, no mono stuff (lol), my limited AP seems the same as it always was, charging and driving is the same as it always was. I don't use address books or link my phone to the car (never will, but that's just me..)

wish I had FSD so I could test more. I have only regular AP. have not gotton the mistaken FSD $7k upgrade, either, so just regular old AP testing for me...

Today I am seeing a noticeable improvement in VC on all levels, but it still hangs there sometimes like it is listening but it never responds.

What is VC??

GPS took a minute or two to figure out where i was on 50.7, and voice commands (VC) are not working. I did a bug report like i usually do, and it said “not clue what you’re saying”. And then it just stopped listening altogether. I didn’t do a reboot, but VC has been wonky since .7.

GPS took a minute or two to figure out where i was on 50.7, and voice commands (VC) are not working. I did a bug report like i usually do, and it said “not clue what you’re saying”. And then it just stopped listening altogether. I didn’t do a reboot, but VC has been wonky since .7.
Bug report doesn’t go to Tesla. It’s meant for service centre to check your car if you take it in to to diagnose what was happening when you reported.

Noticed today I can NOA while hauling a 3000lb trailer with this update MX P Raven. Turn trailer mode off, turn on AP, turn trailer mode back on. The MX before would kick you out of AP saying heavy load detected. If you don’t turn trailer mode back on, it will say heavy load detected and turn trailer mode on for you, it will still continue on auto pilot and keeps going no problem.

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66