Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His eyesight should start going soon after watching a few more rocket launches, since mine started to go a few years ago after working on an insulation job that didn't have proper safety controls for some hidden welding that sometimes surfaced.

Yes, true. I recently went to the opthomologist, and she explained that to me after we found out that is happening to me. I'm the same age as Elon, so any day now text size will increase on Teslas if he still drives. If he has a driver, never count on the text size increasing ever until people keep bugging him about it.

Haha, I’m an ophthalmologist, exactly right, everyone gets old sooner or later. If you have trouble seeing see your local eye doc to screen out cataracts and other issues as well.

We have some newer multi focal lenses out nowadays (panoptics and symfony IOL) that can extend your depth of field pretty well (ie see up close better). Something to consider at the time of cataract surgery.

Any ways, Merry Christmas all!

Still at 30 [percent]
Sometimes there's some subcomponent that is failing that the updater is trying to update, and it gets stuck. Or maybe the computer has a full disk or some other bug. You may need service, however, waiting long enough may solve parts of it by allowing some of the subcomponents to successfuly update. That may or may not leave it in a state where other subcomponents can or cannot get upgraded, and/or need repair. Sometimes this resolves by itself with more updates or time, but sometimes it needs repair. Be on the lookout for buggy behavior unlike what others have, or any kind of dangerous behavior, and bring it immediately to a service center if so (tow if super dangerous and not safe to drive, but that's rare). You can get a loaner!
So it finally finished. iMessage says update failed and I need to wait for next one, car shows I got it. No new visualization. Text and mic stuff don’t work, the new games do work.
Good!

Like I said, you may have gotten a partial upgrade. In that case, it will try again, but like iMessage said, maybe they won't try until there is another update after this one. If it keeps failing in subsequent updates, then you should have it worked on. That's one repair they can do remotely a lot since Tesla has root access to your car by remote from what I understand, but it might be out of comission for a while while they work on it. That's the one you want to succeed, since if that fails, you bring it in to a service center, and usually the mechanics are not good software programmers, but they are able to replace bad units, so if they competently communicate with the software people, they can track it down, hopefully.

Last edited:
I have a model 3 SR+ built late May with FSD at time of purchase. Was told I have HW3 at that time. I just got off the phone with Tesla and the tech confirmed for me I have HW3 and FSD. I got the new update and everything is working including Stardew Valley and the text to speech features. However, the visualizations option is not in the menu and the feature is missing from my patch notes in car. We did normal troubleshooting and now they've escalated my ticket and are looking into it. If anyone is having a similar experience I would recommend you call them for HW3 confirmation and to look into why we're not getting the visualization when everything says we should.
Your car may need repair. Follow up with them as they proceed.

I did not turn in-dash visualisations on hw2.5 if you mean the cones. if you mean the traffic lights/stop signs that was in v9, they took the option away in v10 and then in current release (limited to mcu2 for the display too) they have much more elaborate visualizations for whatever reason.

As for AP3 NNs, its' a complicatd topic, there are clearly NNs compiled for HW3 specifically. Though their structure seems very similar to hw2 NNs
Ok, just because it's similar doesn't mean it's the same. Thanks for clarifying!

It's suposed to be "Camping Mode", not "Camp Mode". It looks like they hired some ESL students. I hope someone corrects that English.
Supposedly you meant 'Party Mode' which is how it was referred to in the past.

I plan on going into 'Camp Mode' when I go to the Drive-In. Glad the sound system won't shut down on me and then the headlights revert back to Auto *ON* instead of *OFF* when I start the car to get the sound going again.

Alternatively, I could use the provide speakers I suppose.

Icr1UzR.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: AlasCon
It's suposed to be "Camping Mode", not "Camp Mode". It looks like they hired some ESL students. I hope someone corrects that English.

That’s not that bad. Here in a Denmark, an update this year renamed Spotify as Spötify for no reason that I can establish. Changes the pronunciation significantly, looks goofy, and there’s no reason for it.

Still, if they have to choose between coders for FSD and grammar checkers, it seems to me they’re making the right choice...

Reactions: Ulmo
Is there any news on whether HW2.5 will get any of the visualizations at any point, or will we have to wait until Tesla decides to upgrade us to HW3.0 which I actually think will probably not happen until 2035?

I am guessing for HW2.0 the answer is the latter but maybe for 2.5 we can actually get the updates without an upgrade at some point?

Hmmm, downloaded last night, went to sleep, rebooted everything this morning aaaand.... still no text or consistent vocal command recognition... hey, maybe it's actually a NEW YEAR's present for when the car's internal calendar hits 2020?

To be fair I did get to play a couple games of Backgammon...and won each time.

Is there any news on whether HW2.5 will get any of the visualizations at any point, or will we have to wait until Tesla decides to upgrade us to HW3.0 which I actually think will probably not happen until 2035?

I am guessing for HW2.0 the answer is the latter but maybe for 2.5 we can actually get the updates without an upgrade at some point?

Requires HW3, no new developments planned for HW2.5.