Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was my trash collection day. he trash cans are perfectly visible.
The diamond sign on the HOV lane is visible.
The signal lights, that are on different depth for various lanes of travel, are visible with the color also on the dash.
The car enters the hwy from local lane while on AP on the local roads even tho there is no line marking; usually, the car will keep going on the local and will not enter the hwy even tho I am on AP and NOA. The car made a perfect entrance to the hwy.

IMG_20191226_123716.jpg IMG_20191226_152840.jpg IMG_20191226_124313.jpg

With the new firmware - I've had a strange problem.

In local roads on AP - lane changes are getting aborted. The car will try to move over, show the area as ok (not red) - but will pull back. I tried this only on one road and 4 times this happened. Since I've not driven much - no other data points yet - but has not made a successful lane change after the update.

Only asia and australia?

TeslaFI.com 2019-12-28
Code:
Country _|_ Region
Australia _|_ Australian Capital Territory
Australia _|_ New South Wales
Australia _|_ Queensland
Australia _|_ South Australia
Australia _|_ Tasmania
Australia _|_ Victoria
New Zealand _|_ Auckland Region
New Zealand _|_ Canterbury Region
New Zealand _|_ Otago Region
South Korea _|_ Gyeonggi-do
South Korea _|_ Jeollabuk-do
South Korea _|_ Seoul
Taiwan _|_ Hsinchu
United States _|_ Delaware
United States _|_ Kansas

Can anyone care to explain to me why you want to open the glove box with voice command? Will the voice command then retrieve the item you desire as well? The button is right beside the glove box; I don't get it.
Let me guess you drive a Model S or X and not a 3 :)

My X does the same thing. Maybe only glove box works for M3 at the moment.

nLSkHGy.jpg

J3z2W9f.jpg

There are several similar examples. What's faster/safer - using voice to adjust windshield wipers or the switch for example? The latter seems like a much better choice to me. Guess you need to keep those novelty items to impress your friends. Maybe that's an M3 need.

I love it when people try to think they are high and mighty for driving an X or S and try to look down on other owners.

I have both an X and 3. Neither car defines who I am, nor do I use the cars to make others feel lesser than.

You really think because you bought an X or S you are guaranteed to be wealthier than someone who bought a 3? There are plenty of very wealthy people driving 3s around. There are plenty of classy people driving 3s around. No need to look down on other for what they drive. It’s all about preference for cars and what they offer for specific needs. Same with your argument about voice vs. switch, it’s not about class or wealth, but personal preference.

Reactions: Greenms60
I love it when people try to think they are high and mighty for driving an X or S and try to look down on other owners.

I have both an X and 3. Neither car defines who I am, nor do I use the cars to make others feel lesser than.

You really think because you bought an X or S you are guaranteed to be wealthier than someone who bought a 3? There are plenty of very wealthy people driving 3s around. There are plenty of classy people driving 3s around. No need to look down on other for what they drive. It’s all about preference for cars and what they offer for specific needs. Same with your argument about voice vs. switch, it’s not about class or wealth, but personal preference.

I don't know how you interpreted all of that from his comment and jumped to a conclusion like that. A little over the top I would say. I would add many of the features in the model S/X are gimmicks that are only used as party tricks to impress people.

Guess you need to keep those novelty items to impress your friends. Maybe that's an M3 need.

What a pitiful, sad outlook you must have of life. If you get value or validation from material garbage you buy, that's a pretty empty life you live. Most of us aren't so small inside that we need to impress people with possessions. I'm sure your friends are just so impressed by you, though. I bet they love hearing about expensive nonsense you spend all your money on.

Gross.

Talk about exciting...the text messaging is a super welcome feature. I had a rental corolla that had it and the last 3 cars before my Tesla had. Just glad they can resolve that with a simple software update. Awesome.... these driving visualization should be awesome
Any ideas why my car won’t display text messages? I have the update installed but I only see the standard phone options. When I say open text messages the screen with my favorite contacts pulls up. No messages option.

Any ideas why my car won’t display text messages? I have the update installed but I only see the standard phone options. When I say open text messages the screen with my favorite contacts pulls up. No messages option.
You have to do two things. Go in your phone and click the i icon and select show Notifications and then go in the car at the same time include the Bluetooth icon click your phone and then click show text messages and then I will give you the option to reconnect your phone this is for if you have an iPhone if you have an android phone you have to do something similar but the cartridges reconnect after you select show text messages once you do that when you click the phone icon on the car it’ll show messages in the left corner

It would seem to me that you have already paid for whatever hardware is required and should be entitled to a new computer.
Yeah. That was the promise. Still waiting...

What is very strange about this release is that since I have FSD I typically got the latest update within a few days of it being released. I have yet to get this one and in looking at TelsaFi stats, hardly ANY of the 2.0 HW cars got 50.1 yet. No holiday cheer here :)

It would seem to me that you have already paid for whatever hardware is required and should be entitled to a new computer.
I am so frustrated and disappointed with Tesla that us trailblazers who paid for FSD 3 years ago are left waiting for what we paid for and have been patiently waiting for... this is not right.

I made this know to my local service center as well to no avail...

Reactions: FMinMI