Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.5.15 dash cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a chance to take a look at the USB files that store the dash cam video.

There are now basically three video files for every recording

yyyy-MM-dd_hh-mm-front
yyyy-MM-dd_hh-mm-left_repeater
yyyy-MM-dd_hh-mm-right_repeater

Very nice, now let's hope we also get the rear_repeater.
Just recently downloaded 5.15 to my Nov2018 Model X with full self-driving option. Just got back from my first drive and pulled the USB file. It is only showing the front. Is the Model X not included in the multiple camera recording?

What do you guys think the ideal size is for the usb for use in Sentry Mode?

Windows FAT32 format won't go over 32gb and I read 3rd party FAT32 format tools are iffy at best. 32GB is more than enough to store the data from all 8 cameras should you need it. Just means a quick walk around the car before heading off.

But then again, if Sentry Mode detects something worthy of sending to Tesla HQ, that's backed up anyway (so they say). Wonder what happens if the thief takes the USB with them - does Tesla HQ have the footage on file in real time?

Windows FAT32 format won't go over 32gb and I read 3rd party FAT32 format tools are iffy at best. 32GB is more than enough to store the data from all 8 cameras should you need it. Just means a quick walk around the car before heading off.

But then again, if Sentry Mode detects something worthy of sending to Tesla HQ, that's backed up anyway (so they say). Wonder what happens if the thief takes the USB with them - does Tesla HQ have the footage on file in real time?
What do you mean have a quick walk around the car?

No it wouldn’t have to be real time. You see the computer has a buffer for the file and as it needs saves it onto the USB. But at all times the computer has one being overwritten constantly usually stored in the RAM. I don’t know how they decided to handle situations like that software wise.

What do you mean have a quick walk around the car?

No it wouldn’t have to be real time. You see the computer has a buffer for the file and as it needs saves it onto the USB. But at all times the computer has one being overwritten constantly usually stored in the RAM. I don’t know how they decided to handle situations like that software wise.

Check for door dings and save the recording to the USB.