Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.5.16 - No Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 MX100D just received this update. Dog mode is there but there is no sign of Sentry Mode...nothing in release notes and nothing on Safety/Security screen. Anyone else? Erased and reformatted SD card and dash cam appears to be working fine.

Yep... Tesla has decided to screw over S/X owners in order to favor the Model 3... Who knows when the supposed flagship models will get these new features, but we do know that everything revolves around the Model 3 now so we're expendable...

I'm so disgusted right now...

Jeff

• Disagree
Reactions: dhrivnak
Yep... Tesla has decided to screw over S/X owners in order to favor the Model 3... Who knows when the supposed flagship models will get these new features, but we do know that everything revolves around the Model 3 now so we're expendable...

I'm so disgusted right now...

Jeff

I understand where you are coming from but in the grand scheme of things, these are first world problems. Yes we paid a lot for our cars. Yes we purchased expecting some sort of OTA updates to make the car better. Any other car you purchased likely would not get any better with time.

That said, sentry mode will likely come to S and X with AP 2.5 with time. Just be patient. I’m glad they are preferentially rolling out to M3 and initially to those in CA affected by the break ins the most. Even if I have to wait longer, it makes sense. And with time we can get it too. With some time Tesla will likely refresh the S and X with features to demand its premium price. The expectation that our version of the car will always be sumpreme is misplaced. Even with V3 supercharging, yes it sucks that I can’t charge as fast as a M3, but I don’t expect Tesla to swap out my hardware to keep me at the top. I’m thankful they are doing what they can software wise to decrease my overall time supercharging.

There are a lot of valid complaints and opinions with all the happenings recently. But I’m getting tired of so many people expecting everything right this second. There will be nobody on their deathbed wishing they had gotten sentry mode 3 months earlier... we all need a reality check, our cars don’t define our value nor are they a source of true happiness. You are only bound to be disappointed by expecting so much from your car or from Tesla.

I understand where you are coming from but in the grand scheme of things, these are first world problems. Yes we paid a lot for our cars. Yes we purchased expecting some sort of OTA updates to make the car better. Any other car you purchased likely would not get any better with time.

That said, sentry mode will likely come to S and X with AP 2.5 with time. Just be patient. I’m glad they are preferentially rolling out to M3 and initially to those in CA affected by the break ins the most. Even if I have to wait longer, it makes sense. And with time we can get it too. With some time Tesla will likely refresh the S and X with features to demand its premium price. The expectation that our version of the car will always be sumpreme is misplaced. Even with V3 supercharging, yes it sucks that I can’t charge as fast as a M3, but I don’t expect Tesla to swap out my hardware to keep me at the top. I’m thankful they are doing what they can software wise to decrease my overall time supercharging.

There are a lot of valid complaints and opinions with all the happenings recently. But I’m getting tired of so many people expecting everything right this second. There will be nobody on their deathbed wishing they had gotten sentry mode 3 months earlier... we all need a reality check, our cars don’t define our value nor are they a source of true happiness. You are only bound to be disappointed by expecting so much from your car or from Tesla.

I really cannot understand why so many of you are so completely okay with this? You spent a substantial amount more for the Model X and you're okay the entry level model has more features than your significantly more expensive car does? Don't give me this "be patient" routine, flagship model owners (in this case S, then X) should never have to "be patient"...

I'm not expecting everything right this second, I'm expecting Tesla to treat it's flagship owners better. I don't see why that's so hard or so controversial to ask? Name one other car company that behaves like this? You can't, because you won't find one... Could you imagine if Mercedes decided to put new features and functionality into their base model car before the S/AMG class? (not sure enough about Mercedes model distinctions to know exactly what's the top of the line) Their ownership base would be having kittens...

Jeff

I really cannot understand why so many of you are so completely okay with this? You spent a substantial amount more for the Model X and you're okay the entry level model has more features than your significantly more expensive car does? Don't give me this "be patient" routine, flagship model owners (in this case S, then X) should never have to "be patient"...

I'm not expecting everything right this second, I'm expecting Tesla to treat it's flagship owners better. I don't see why that's so hard or so controversial to ask? Name one other car company that behaves like this? You can't, because you won't find one... Could you imagine if Mercedes decided to put new features and functionality into their base model car before the S/AMG class? (not sure enough about Mercedes model distinctions to know exactly what's the top of the line) Their ownership base would be having kittens...

Jeff

I think a lot of the disappointment comes from expecting Tesla to behave like a traditional auto company. Tesla hasn’t behaved like traditional auto and there are a wide array of pros and cons.

From a straight up hardware comparison of the S/X vs the 3 if you were to purchase new right now, I agree the reasons to spend the extra cash on S/X have decreased. That said we are in a product cycle limbo that will self correct. If people don’t see added value it will affect sales, and Tesla will react accordingly.

That said I don’t think Tesla looks at the S and X like a flagship or elite product offering like AMG. While being a small company helped with with provividing a personal feel early on, I would venture to say it was never their goal or mission to become known as the most luxurious or premium car company catering and providing special services for the wealthy. The S and X were and are vital to getting electric cars to all people. Even the interior design reflects that. I didn’t buy my X for the most premium interior finish. If you want to be “elevated” over the masses in terms of service/luxury purchase an AMG or Porsche. While I see service getting better with time in general, I don’t ever see a day they treat you any better than a model 3 or Y owner in a traditional auto sense.

Jeff

Dude just relax. Its a feature they are also adding for free. You were not promised sentry mode when you bought the car. Their most valuable customers right now are 3 owners, like it or not. Take it easy and enjoy your X

Dude just relax. Its a feature they are also adding for free. You were not promised sentry mode when you bought the car. Their most valuable customers right now are 3 owners, like it or not. Take it easy and enjoy your X

Haha I guess all my words are wasted, that was what I was trying to say. Tesla owners are getting a bad rap now days for being entitled snobs, we all need to chill.

Haha I guess all my words are wasted, that was what I was trying to say. Tesla owners are getting a bad rap now days for being entitled snobs, we all need to chill.

When you pay what you pay for a Model X, you're completely justified to be entitled... It's the most expensive car the brand offers... I go back to my Mercedes example on this one...

We don't need to chill, Tesla needs to remove it's head from it's backside...

Jeff

I think they initially focused on the 3 because that's where so many of the breakins were happening.

Tesla was so super focused on it that the first people who got the update were in Cali.

I only finally got the update yesterday on my Model 3.

On the blog post it says "The feature will begin rolling out today to U.S. Model 3 vehicles, followed by Model S and Model X vehicles that were built after August 2017."

The fact that it took a month for me to get it means it will probably be another month until the Model X gets it.

I think they initially focused on the 3 because that's where so many of the breakins were happening.

Tesla was so super focused on it that the first people who got the update were in Cali.

I only finally got the update yesterday on my Model 3.

There isn't any reason a HW2.5 Model S/X will get it. It's probably just another month or two.

Exactly. Makes perfect sense to provide the update to the products at greatest risk first.

When you pay what you pay for a Model X, you're completely justified to be entitled... It's the most expensive car the brand offers... I go back to my Mercedes example on this one...

We don't need to chill, Tesla needs to remove it's head from it's backside...

Jeff

Get ready to be treated like a peasant then when the roadster comes out.

• Funny
Reactions: K3Man
E63CF3EC-4709-4C30-A568-086F751153E9.jpeg

This guy Jeff definitely has a chip against M3 owners and sees himself as somehow “better than.” He should know a lot of M3 owners own X and S as well. And I awknowledge, there are definitely growing pains with the company. Like my last reply, if entitlement depends on how much cash you spend prepare to get treated like the way you treat model 3 owners right now when the roadster comes out...

It’s not model 3 owners, it’s people like you (whether or not you own a roadster, S, X or 3) acting in this way that give us all a terrible rep.

It’s not model 3 owners, it’s people like you (whether or not you own a roadster, S, X or 3) acting in this way that give us all a terrible rep.

Is it possible to agree MORE than 100% :rolleyes:

I purchased my X and my 3 as the 3 was ramping up... I knew that focus was going to be on the 3 for a while. I don't worry about it.

However, even though I wasn't expecting any upgrades for the X... I got 'em anyway. I've had numerous cars over my many years (some luxurious, some not at all), and absolutely NONE of those vehicles were BETTER after a year's ownership!!! My X is better today than when I first took possession.

My nephew now has my 3... and it's better now than when I first gave it to him. In some ways, it's BETTER now than my X. I could not be happier for him!

Some just need to relax.