Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 and Interior Temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i installed 2019.8.3 this morning. My car is in Ontario but I’m in LA until tomorrow.

The app is indicating the interior temperature is 37c but the weather in Ontario is only 7c.

This seems very odd that the car would be so warm. When I remotely turn on climate, the reported temp comes down but then goes back up to 37c in a couple of minutes l when I turn the AC off.

Anyone else seeing this after the update?

My car reports 25C, it's parked outside facing towards the sun. 37C seems quite high, but it seems to get warm while the car's basking in the sun. It might be normal if its parked outside. Check again near the evening (around 7pmish) to see if it gets cooler.

Edit:

It's reporting 34C right now (I'm in Mississauga).

• Helpful
Reactions: McCaesar
My car reports 25C, it's parked outside facing towards the sun. 37C seems quite high, but it seems to get warm while the car's basking in the sun. It might be normal if its parked outside. Check again near the evening (around 7pmish) to see if it gets cooler.

Under the sun the interior gets baked. Just shows how well the black interior absorbs the UV rays XD. Also, the heat transfers to the battery. My evening commute home is way more efficient than the morning commute to work. Bonus!

• Informative
Update on model S P100D. Wont know if it's faster until the vehicles on the track. All track it in a few weeks.
20190326_213446.jpg

• Helpful
I’ve had this problem in the states for a while now. Tesla service center confirmed that the temp was rising well past 100 degrees f. Even in ~30 degrees f weather. Tesla claims the app is turning heat on yet the app shows Hvac as off. Doesn’t happen every day and doesn’t seem to happen when my car is in garage at home. Not on 2019.8 yet.

My car is going above 39c in sub 0c weather. Tesla has stated that the app has been triggering the heat but they can’t figure out why (and the app doesn’t actually show Hvac on).

Best.
I feel like it only turns it on when your car is plugged in and charging.. it explains why my car doesn't charge as fast as I thought it would. Since I don't experience any vampire drain as a result of the HVAC.

I feel like it only turns it on when your car is plugged in and charging.. it explains why my car doesn't charge as fast as I thought it would. Since I don't experience any vampire drain as a result of the HVAC.
Mine happens when it is unplugged. It should warm slightly for conditioning for batttery charging. But this type of warming for me is just nutty.