Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 fixed auto wipers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

Over the weekend I got update 2019.8.3. Today it rained so I had my first chance to drive the car in wet weather. I immediately noticed that the auto wiper seems to react better.

The weather was light rain/drizzle and the wipers actually worked well. They waited the few seconds until they windshield was a little obscured and did a wipe. When I went under a tree a some large drops fell down, the wiper fire right away. And of course, when I hit a dry patch they did one last wipe and did not run until I hit more drizzle. Never did I have manually turn on the wipers to a windshield cleared in light rain/drizzle. This was previously a common occurrence/annoyance.

Reactions: Pilot7478
I never had issues with my auto wiper UNTIL the latest update. In fact, I have 2 new issues that I never had prior to the latest update! Mine turned on even when there was no rain, which it never did prior to this update, WTF!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I thought it got fixed yesterday while driving on the crazy weather in Chicago, until the snow/rain stopped and then suddenly the wipers were wiping in the fastest setting without me touching the controls. I guess it wasn't fixed after all. :rolleyes: