Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 P100D "New Acceleration Mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Ludicrous+ Mode
2. Battery heated
3. Press and hold brake and press accellerator to the floor and release and you should see Launch Mode on your instrument panel
4. Floor accelerator and release brake to launch

Battery needs to be heated, that is what most people miss. Other than that it is the simplest launch mode I have used.

Its also important to note:
The car NEEDS to be in low or very low air suspension as well, or you will just get the both pedals pressed message.

Edit: the battery also doesnt need to be fully heated, just turned on via ludicrious+

Reactions: P100D_Me
So I still can’t get anything to work. S90DL, but when I hold ludicrous+ for any amount of time (even up to a minute) nothing comes up for settings. In low suspension mode. Can’t get anything at all to pop up for battery settings or the space balls light speed visual. Ideas?

So I still can’t get anything to work. S90DL, but when I hold ludicrous+ for any amount of time (even up to a minute) nothing comes up for settings. In low suspension mode. Can’t get anything at all to pop up for battery settings or the space balls light speed visual. Ideas?
You have a MS P90DL, right? If you are seeing the L+, should be OK.
I tap once on L+, then a screen asks to commit to MAX BATTERY PWR, say OK, then the previous screen comes back with L+ highlighted.
Then I press and hold the L+ button until space balls appear, then you are asked if you want you mommy or not.

@BigMskiman this is the issue all of us P90DL and P85DL owners are dealing with. The 2019.8.x FW and above has removed Ludicrous mode options and reduced power up to around 75KW. This is not just the loss of max battery power. It's loss of power across the board.

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3 | Tesla
Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3
Larry Davidow on Twitter

Feel free to log your issues on my poll
Have your say: P85DL & P90DL Issues
Thanks for explaining @Grumble. Hope it's resolved soon for you.