Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So looks like Canadians don't get the one click summon via KeyFob (expected) nor the Red Light Detection Warning on Autosteer (surprised/disappointed).

from 2019.5.15 => 2019.8.3 it appears the only major change is the promised 5% power increase.

MBwsfCc.jpg

ETF4B5A.jpg

GGjlBVW.jpg

2019.8.4 (or previous updates) have some serious issues. I was driving home; manually cruising until hitting a pocket of congestion after DVP to 401. Engaged AP to find I was limited to 70kph! The GPS Nav did not update and the car thought it was in a 60 zone at Yonge and Eglinton.

Screen also was stuck in "Day" mode under the auto setting.

Submitted a few bug reports with the "bug report" thing - thanks for teaching me this everyone :)

upload_2019-4-3_8-47-43.png

upload_2019-4-3_8-49-28.png

upload_2019-4-3_8-50-36.png

2019.8.4 (or previous updates) have some serious issues. I was driving home; manually cruising until hitting a pocket of congestion after DVP to 401. Engaged AP to find I was limited to 70kph! The GPS Nav did not update and the car thought it was in a 60 zone at Yonge and Eglinton.

Submitted a few bug reports with the "bug report" thing - thanks for teaching me this everyone :)

View attachment 393117

View attachment 393118

View attachment 393120

These are some interesting bugs. I only had the screen freeze after putting it into park. I guess we will see another bug fix patch in the upcoming weeks.

I love using bug report though. I pepper it with all my annoyances. lol

View attachment 393117

Yes, I have that too.
View attachment 393118

View attachment 393120

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I received update (2019.8.3) and it came with a few bugs and differences I do not like. Unlike Model 3, I have the small binicle screen in front of the steering wheel (S/X) and it now has a very noticible yellowing of that screen. Also, at random when I bring up either the charging screen or the back-up camera, the screen shows up blank. Just a black screen where what should be the back of the car when the back-up camera is engaged. Also, the charging screen just shows up blank - all white with no information. Have to "x" out of it, then hit the charge bolt again... then it comes up. For the back-up camera, need a re-boot of the screen. Then it comes back.

Also, is it just me or was the navigation, when you have traffic awareness on, better when the clear flowing sections showed up in green? I do not like that the free flowing traffic is the same grey as how all the streets are shown. The other colours representing various traffic status is okay, but I still feel it was brighter in previous iteration. The whole Nav looks washed out and hard to read at a glance. Bring back the green for traffic awareness indicating clear flow and leave the grey for as it does now, just indicating all other roadway. in my opinion.

I received update (2019.8.3) and it came with a few bugs and differences I do not like. Unlike Model 3, I have the small binicle screen in front of the steering wheel (S/X) and it now has a very noticible yellowing of that screen. Also, at random when I bring up either the charging screen or the back-up camera, the screen shows up blank. Just a black screen where what should be the back of the car when the back-up camera is engaged. Also, the charging screen just shows up blank - all white with no information. Have to "x" out of it, then hit the charge bolt again... then it comes up. For the back-up camera, need a re-boot of the screen. Then it comes back.

Also, is it just me or was the navigation, when you have traffic awareness on, better when the clear flowing sections showed up in green? I do not like that the free flowing traffic is the same grey as how all the streets are shown. The other colours representing various traffic status is okay, but I still feel it was brighter in previous iteration. The whole Nav looks washed out and hard to read at a glance. Bring back the green for traffic awareness indicating clear flow and leave the grey for as it does now, just indicating all other roadway. in my opinion.
My 3 is on the same version and sometimes my backup camera displays black for a while. It eventually displays correctly without a reboot, though it's definitely long enough to be very annoying and I could imagine thinking it requires a reboot.

I don't know if the traffic on the navigation used to show green, as I just go my car, so I have no experience with previous versions.

I've also experienced the issue of my MCU rebooting while driving. Radio went static for a moment as the screen went black. Car still drove fine but obviously had no speed readout. There was also no audible turn signal confirmation (I was about to make a turn when it happened) but through reflections I saw the signals did active when I pushed the stalk.

2019.8.5 - Random reboot happened this morning on the 401, back up camera blackout lag is a lot less, Mirrors folded in and stuck on Saturday, figured it out eventually on the side of the road o_O

On 2019.8.5, stuck in my garage this morning for 5 minutes as I couldn't get my car into gear. Try rebooting and still couldn't do it. Finally after 4 minutes, I got a warning on the screen that I needed to scan my key car to start the car. I clued in that I probably should restart the Tesla app on my iPhone. Finally got my car into gear after that.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

I had the phone as a key fail for the first time in 4+ months last night. I was going into the car and the door was locked, I could see it saying please key card to open. I looked at my phone and the notifications menu for Tesla showed connected but still wouldn't work after multiple tries. Pressing the unlock did work right away.

The back up camera goes black now more often than in the last 6 months for me, it's 50/50 that it'll be black for many seconds now.

I'll try a car reboot next chance I get.

I got updated to 2019.8.5 a few days ago and the backup camera is still black for a few seconds sometimes. It might be a bit better, but it's hard to say.

In addition to the previous issues I mentioned having on 2019.8.3 these posts reminded me I did have one instance of the mirrors staying folded with that version.

I also had issues starting the car before (once or twice) and unlocking when I grab the door handle can be hit and miss sometimes, but honestly I have an off brand Android phone running a custom ROM so I'm surprised it works as well as it does. In fact, when it is an issue, it usually resolves itself in a moment or two without me doing anything. I do keep one of the key cards in my wallet just in case.