Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.3 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got another software update to version 2019.8.4 today. However, there is no change in features vs version 2019.8.3. I wonder what is new version update for.
To fix the bugs that was in 8.3...
Software updates go like this: YEAR.BUILD.VERSION
Tesla decided to use the week of development as the build version. Therefore 2019.8.4 is a newer version of 8.3 which means there was a bug in 8.3 that needed to be patched.

Usually goes like this: New version = bug fix.
New build = new feature

To fix the bugs that was in 8.3...
Software updates go like this: YEAR.BUILD.VERSION
Tesla decided to use the week of development as the build version. Therefore 2019.8.4 is a newer version of 8.3 which means there was a bug in 8.3 that needed to be patched.

Usually goes like this: New version = bug fix.
New build = new feature
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Alketi
I got an update notification around 1030ish last night. I was already in bed so I didn't action. I tried to install via the app this morning and it gave an error saying no update is available.

I went to the car and it wasn't pending there any longer either. Rebooted the car 1.5 hrs ago and still nothing.

Did this happen to any of you as well?

I got it today and updated

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
2019.8.3 or 2019.8.4?

Tony, have you updated to the increased range yet? I'm on 8.4 since yesterday, but still no increased range for my M3LR - it's unchanged at 491 km, although the increased power is definitely there. Tesla Service had assured me last week that besides the bug fix for 8.3, 2019.8.4 was going to be the update to increase the range as promised by Elon, but not so. The Release Notes also make no mention of the range, just of the increased 5% power.

Tony, have you updated to the increased range yet? I'm on 8.4 now but still no increased range for my M3LR - it's unchanged at 491 km, although the increased power is definitely there. Tesla Service had assured me last week that 2019.8.4 was the update to increase the range as promised by Elon, but not so. The Release Notes also make no mention of the range, just of the increased 5% power.

I ended up getting 8.3 installed and no, still no increased range numbers. The power increase is there though.

• Informative
Reactions: noicepls
Tony, have you updated to the increased range yet? I'm on 8.4 since yesterday, but still no increased range for my M3LR - it's unchanged at 491 km, although the increased power is definitely there. Tesla Service had assured me last week that besides the bug fix for 8.3, 2019.8.4 was going to be the update to increase the range as promised by Elon, but not so. The Release Notes also make no mention of the range, just of the increased 5% power.
I got 2019.8.4 yesterday. I checked it yesterday. There is still no range increase.

• Informative
Reactions: noicepls