Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. No release notes either. But I wanted to mention that I’m not in the early access club, but since resetting my WiFi settings, I’m back to getting every new update as quick as the come out. 2019.8.6 barely just came out and I got it. I’ll post release notes in 10 mins.

Same updates since early versions of 2019.8.x. Probably working out bugs. I noticed my wipers have been on point since 2019.8.4 and my USB drive corrupts FAR less often. For thise who have not yet gotten this latest update, nothing to worry about.

I noticed the way it works if if you have a version like xxxx.y.z and there are fixes to xxxx.y then you automatically get z+1, z+2 and so on. But once the z in xxxx.y.z is final and what they consider stable then the next xxxx.y+1, you will not get immediately but randomly and that's where the long waits and people seemingly getting stuck on a version.

I noticed the way it works if if you have a version like xxxx.y.z and there are fixes to xxxx.y then you automatically get z+1, z+2 and so on. But once the z in xxxx.y.z is final and what they consider stable then the next xxxx.y+1, you will not get immediately but randomly and that's where the long waits and people seemingly getting stuck on a version.

This is not what I have observed. The updates come at random until they have a stable version (or what they think is stable) and then they push it out for wide deployment. There is no discernible pattern with how the updates get deployed to the fleet.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Me too. No release notes either. But I wanted to mention that I’m not in the early access club, but since resetting my WiFi settings, I’m back to getting every new update as quick as the come out. 2019.8.6 barely just came out and I got it. I’ll post release notes in 10 mins.

Sorry to burst your balloon but you definitely won’t consistently get updates as soon as they come out no matter what settings you put on your wifi. They roll out in batches. I assume you haven’t had the car long or else you would know better.

I hope this isn’t a scam to get hits on a YouTube posting, though it looks like it is. I’ll report you to mods just in case.

USB corrupts much less if it all but 2 reboots today on 2019.8.5 Model 3. NoA problematic in trying to jump 5 lanes from carpool to exit in less than < 0.7-0.5 miles, hard to do in LA. Hopefully they can add some more distance so the car doesn't miss the exit in 8.6

Can't wait to see what 8.6 brings......

• Informative
Reactions: WillK
7517BDCA-2D38-4332-BF10-B52F066C6A8E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
Usually you can go to service center and connect to their wifi. The wifi network on service center is on Fremont VPN network, so it will push the update to your vehicle.

Check if wifi is on VPN, use your vehicle browser and visit whatsmyipaddress.com . You will find out the location. If it’s on VPN, location will say Fremont.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Usually you can go to service center and connect to their wifi. The wifi network on service center is on Fremont VPN network, so it will push the update to your vehicle.

Check if wifi is on VPN, use your vehicle browser and visit whatsmyipaddress.com . You will find out the location. If it’s on VPN, location will say Fremont.
This has not been true for years. You need a service ticket for it to work.

As for the WiFi result (reboot means you get a release now) , that is just coincidence. Unless you had a bad WiFi or VPN connection (always possible) restarting doesn’t do anything. Your number is on a list and when it gets to your number you get that release. Been doing this for years and have tried every trick on several cars. :D

As for all the 2019.8.x versions, this is a weird release where they are testing it more in the wild. There have been literally six public releases with varying degrees of success. If you check TeslaFi right now you see everyone getting 6, many overwriting the copy of 5.

We had 4 on one car, got 5 a couple of days later. One went straight to 5, and now I’m expecting 2019.8.6 on both.

I guess the new QA is let us sort it all out, it’s cheaper and quicker and we’ll find all the problems.

Maybe 6 fixes the friggin’ 3’s charging when it drops 1%. :D

Yes, what @T.Antony reports is inaccurate.
Sorry to burst your balloon but you definitely won’t consistently get updates as soon as they come out no matter what settings you put on your wifi. They roll out in batches. I assume you haven’t had the car long or else you would know better.

I hope this isn’t a scam to get hits on a YouTube posting, though it looks like it is. I’ll report you to mods just in case.

Reactions: Silicon Desert