Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Aftermarket dashcam for AP1 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a recent unwitnessed small parking lot mishap, I now want to get a dash cam.

Some old threads point to Topfit for AP1 MX but that has since sold out.

Is my only solution a custom install with something like Blackvue?
If so, will a single device catch things like parking lot dings to the door?
I've seen custom 2 and 4 channel Blackvue installs... Hoping that's not needed.
Thanks

...If so, will a single device catch things like parking lot dings to the door?...

Usually, 1 channel BlackVue would record the front and it would miss everything else.

If you have 2 channels, it usually covers front and back but would miss the right and left sides.

You might want to try:

Waylens Secure360. The top half of picture is front view, the bottom half is rear view but you can still see the sides.

upload_2019-5-13_22-40-10.png

I knew about the waylens horizon but not that secure360. Thanks for the heads up. However, the reviews on Amazon we're just so so. Seems like a gamble that I'm a little reluctant to do if I'm going to go through the effort to have a custom install...

@balefire We do offer a 30-day risk-free test drive of our Secure360 camera (found here) on the website and at local Best Buy stores near you across the US. We're working hard to make the product better from customer input (bad reviews teach us what to fix)!

My waylens secure360 device is currently 1.10.
It downloaded update 1.13 but will not install.
How can this be fixed?
Thanks

After a recent unwitnessed small parking lot mishap, I now want to get a dash cam.

Some old threads point to Topfit for AP1 MX but that has since sold out.

Is my only solution a custom install with something like Blackvue?
If so, will a single device catch things like parking lot dings to the door?
I've seen custom 2 and 4 channel Blackvue installs... Hoping that's not needed.
Thanks

Reactions: TigerTan