Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Blue Ridge Parkway Tesla Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few pics from today.

9625E7AC-B2CB-4B77-AABE-0290E5A65869.jpeg
C5E383DC-D608-46C9-ADEA-DEE2D698FEB5.jpeg
AADD11FC-BF20-465D-924F-A0839E388031.jpeg
E22666CD-EE4F-482A-B329-6CE13518A723.jpeg

View attachment 422592 View attachment 422593
Did a test run yesterday. This is in a P3 from Asheville to Cherokee, 2.5 hours on the Parkway.

The drive back was just an hour/50 miles. Easy in even an older 60 kWh Tesla.

Hi. I’m trying to plan this trip tomorrow. I’m coming from pigeon forge and want to ride the parkway to ashville SC. It appears to be only 131 miles but i’m having a hard time mapping this route because every map completely avoids the parkway. ABRP hasn’t been super easy to use lately. I’m thinking i should be able to make it in a a long range 3.

you should be fine in a LR 3. Oddly enough I was just working on forcing abetterrouteplanner to use the parkway as an example today and man, it took about an hour of cut and paste GPS waypoints into the thing to make it work. Let me give that route a crack and will paste the link here when done.

Reactions: tylerthehuman
@Zarwin are you guys planning a 2020 BRP Drive for this fall or has Covid-19 ended this tradition? My wife and I registered for last year’s event then had to cancel late because of a family emergency. Really hoping this happens in 2020.

At this time I don't believe we will be able to do one in the fall due to the number of people that would gather before the event and restrictions still likely in place. We had over 200 people at the gathering point last year and anything in Asheville over 100 requires a permit, which of course can't even be applied for until the limit on outdoor gatherings is above the estimated person count. I'm sure we could do this responsibly with masks and proper social distancing but I don't think we would be allowed to as it would fall under the category of a planned outdoor gathering.

The tradition will not end though and we will certainly be organizing a 2021 drive. We might be organizing a drive in the spring of 2021 as well, depending on the state of COVID, in addition to the BRP drive in the fall of 2021.