TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019 Firmware 2019.8.5 3aaa23d

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by KennyB-FLL, Apr 5, 2019.

1. KennyB-FLL

KennyB-FLL Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE
    Just curious...

My software updated for this version installed yesterday afternoon on my S 100D. Both my navigation maps and Slacker screens are illegible. The map screen flickers and jumps around, and on my Slacker screen the song titles and artists cannot be read at all. Reverse camera appears as normal, and charging screens looks okay too. Has anyone else experienced this with their cars? I sent an e-mail to tech support, but have not yet gotten any response.

Thanks

Kenny

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Did you try a hard reset yet?

3. KennyB-FLL

KennyB-FLL Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE
    Thanks Tam!
    Actually I hadn't thought about it. I have now done a hard reboot, and all is back to normal!

Thanks again for your help!

• Like x 1
  4. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Just sent Tesla these suggestions for NOA through my Tesla account:

Just completed a approximately 40 miles of Nav on AP without confirmation (2019.8.5) in my Model S in intermittently poor weather conditions. First of all I was very impressed overall. I’d like to make some minor suggestions for changes to the interface that would have improved my experience.
    At times I was warned on my IC that Nav on AP wasn’t available due to the poor weather conditions and I also heard a series of tones indicating it was temporarily deactivated. When weather improved, I would hear a series of tones again and Nav on AP would become active again.
    This happened a number of times during the drive. Enough so that I wasn’t always sure weather it was off or on.
    My first suggestion is to present a message when it is reactivated as well.
    My second suggestion is for an onscreen icon indicating it’s present state of activation (like the blue steering wheel icon does for auto steer)
    Perhaps it could be incorporated into the center of the steering wheel icon (maybe a Nav Arrow changing from red or blue to grey)
    Also, I have found cancelling a lane change a bit distracting and cumbersome. I would prefer using the AP stalk on a Model S or X to cancel it (instead of confirming it) just as it by pulling it towards me.
    My final suggestion is to add more user preferences for NOA.
    Specifically with regard to exit and interchange preparation.
    By default it doesn’t seem to start making its way to the necessary lane until around one half mile or less prior to the exit or interchange. At times, this can be stressful. It would be great to have user control over this. (.5, .75, 1, 1.5, 2 & 3 miles...)