Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 FSD upgrade done…or is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got the FSD computer upgrade on my 2019 MS and am super pumped! The calibration was done within 10 miles and I was super excited to start enjoying some FSD sweetness but I had just reached home so I waited for my next trip to activate visualizations. Flash forward two days and I’m going on 50 miles with no autopilot whatsoever. Every so often a stop sign or traffic light will appear but not for more than a few seconds and no cars show up at all. I do get the green light chime but I’m not overly confident right now…🤔

Attachments

• 5CE25D7D-FAC0-4DFF-AD3F-1F7495F7B0EE.jpeg
    5CE25D7D-FAC0-4DFF-AD3F-1F7495F7B0EE.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 66
Did you pay $2,250 for MCU2 update?

No. I already had it. They gave me the FSD upgrade for free so I could subscribe. Before the upgrade, I had visualizations to an extent. Now I have none and AP wont engage at all. Some say that there’s further calibration and I should be patient.

...Some say that there’s further calibration and I should be patient....

Once your calibration icon is completed, it's gone, and you are done. There's no other calibration unless you go to the menu and repeat the camera calibration again.

No. I already had it. They gave me the FSD upgrade for free so I could subscribe.
It maybe helpful if you can attach 2 pictures to see what software and hardware you have:

1) Control->Software
2) Control->Software->Additional Vehicle Information

Once your calibration icon is completed, it's gone, and you are done. There's no other calibration unless you go to the menu and repeat the camera calibration again.

It maybe helpful if you can attach 2 pictures to see what software and hardware you have:

1) Control->Software
2) Control->Software->Additional Vehicle Information
It's back at the service center now.
The tech was puzzled at what the heck was going on once we went for a test drive and there was no auto pilot at all.
He also mentioned that with the FSD upgrade, there would've been a ton of other options in the AP menu which weren't there.
He's digging through the logs now and hopefully will figure it out soon.

It's back at the service center now.
The tech was puzzled at what the heck was going on once we went for a test drive and there was no auto pilot at all.
He also mentioned that with the FSD upgrade, there would've been a ton of other options in the AP menu which weren't there.
He's digging through the logs now and hopefully will figure it out soon.
You are in good hands. They'll figure it out.