Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 IRS Form 8911 Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with regards to having a “preparer” who does seasonal work for Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block do my taxes. That is not what this is. I did my own taxes this year. Usually I have my CPA do it and pay him $350. This year my tax situation is not as complicated (sold my rental properties, changes in tax law with the 2018 changes).

It is a CPA who is not a “preparer” that does the review. When you select this option, the CPA’s pic and bio/credentials is shown along with his/her office phone, address and fax.
It seems as if H&R Block increased their CPA review pricing. I'm in the process of e-filing mine and it's quoting me ~$60 for assistance from a "Tax Pro." The only thing priced at $19.99 is audit support.

Maybe it's because I'm filing returns for two states? I'm guessing they've just increased the price due to the COVID-19 situation. Seems more economical to just switch over to TurboTax at this point.

It seems as if H&R Block increased their CPA review pricing. I'm in the process of e-filing mine and it's quoting me ~$60 for assistance from a "Tax Pro." The only thing priced at $19.99 is audit support.

Maybe it's because I'm filing returns for two states? I'm guessing they've just increased the price due to the COVID-19 situation. Seems more economical to just switch over to TurboTax at this point.

TurboTax CPA review price? What do they do besides checking math?

TurboTax CPA review price? What do they do besides checking math?
I was referring to posts made by @travis1906 earlier about selecting HR Block's CPA review option to have the form 8911 added (since HR Block's software doesn't support it). He had said that cost him ~$20 back in February, but when I was using HR Block's online filing option this week, the price for a CPA review (they call it Tax Pro review) was more like $60. TurboTax Deluxe includes Form 8911, so we'll probably go that route now.

• Helpful
Reactions: vickh
I was referring to posts made by @travis1906 earlier about selecting HR Block's CPA review option to have the form 8911 added (since HR Block's software doesn't support it). He had said that cost him ~$20 back in February, but when I was using HR Block's online filing option this week, the price for a CPA review (they call it Tax Pro review) was more like $60. TurboTax Deluxe includes Form 8911, so we'll probably go that route now.

thx but is TurboTax CPA review cheaper? Also not sure if they fixed their $7.5K car phaseout issue yet?

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has successfully filed form 8911 with H&R Block this year for 2023 tax year. From what I understand, H&R Block will update on February 16. I’m hoping the form will be included this year. Anyone with some insight on this?