Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[2019 M3P] Brake Squeal (only front right)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Backstory: I got hit on the front right corner of my car, directly on the tire, and had my car in the shop for about 5-6 months for repairs.
Once I got the car back everything was great and working well for the most part. But about 2 months after I started getting a squealing noise when braking, but very random and not every time.
Took it to the cert shop that did my repairs, they couldn't find any issues and claimed it never squealed for them.
Had my mechanic look at them and inspected with him, we cleaned them off in case of any rubbish, checked the rotors, everything looks completely fine.

After the cleaning they were good for about a month, then the squealing came back.... but it doesn't happen every time, when in autopilot it doesn't happen almost ever, it's a very peculiar issue because I can never get it to repeat on purpose.

What I've Tried:
1) I've cleaned and checked them (both with my mechanic and a cert tesla shop)
2) I've turned off regen and did the "cleaning" method like you do after rainy days sometimes
3) I've been running with no regen for about a month now and it helps some, but it will randomly come back

I've asked Tesla if I can get a replacement OEM pair and they want you to do a service first, for $125 & wait 2+ months to do that service
Can't seem to find much good info on buying similar pads or OEM pads online either (please feel free to link if you have one :D)
EDIT: as posting I saw this thread (M3P Comprehensive Brake Pad Option list) but would like to fix it before spending the money

Anyone have any recommendations or other steps I can do to trouble shoot this?