Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 LR new owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a 2019 Model 3 LR. Love the car. Range now sits at about 295 miles on a battery when I finally went to the Supercharger and hit 100%.
I bought the car used and I'm curious, how do I know when service work might need to be done? Will the car tell me? It's got new tires, so not worried about that. I just mean the normal Tesla service that is needed, like air filters, brakes, etc.
Thanks for any and all help.
Great board here, taught me a LOT about the car.

Reactions: father_of_6
Welcome to TMC, and congratulations on your purchase.

I dont think there is any alert for air filter (or I dont remember one, anyway), and because of Regen braking, brakes in teslas tend to last a lot longer than ICE equivalents, unless you drive it hard.

Here is a link to the service intervals that Tesla recommends for a model 3 that I found online:

Hope that helps, and welcome again.

I'm at 40k miles in mine and recently had an inspection + the brake caliper guide pins cleaned and lubed. If you live in wetter climate the guide pins can get a little more corrosion, and my brakes don't get much action... I *do* drive the car pretty hard, but the pads were pretty much brand new. Can't say the same about tires though 😭.