Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Outdoor Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I live in the UK and would like to purchase an outdoor car cover for my Model 3. Unfortunately the Tesla shop outlets in the UK appear not to stock them.
Does anyone know where I could get one from?

Thanks
Some companies are specialized in custom-made car covers. Try searching Amazon. Also, don't buy cheap covers, they may damage paint ... don't ask me how I know.

Even the best covers, with the wrong bit of dirt getting underneath them can ruin your paint. I spent a fortune on a decent one years ago, and still got side effects.

Where are you planning to have the car when you have the cover on? There are some gazebo style ones that pull over your car, without actually touching the paint, but obviously they need to be stored somewhere or fixed permanently.....

If your dead set on a cover...then yeah echo the above and don't cheap out on it because you definitely will end up regretting it.

And remember, unlike an ICE car, when turned off the Tesla is not actually turned off - it's just snoozing and it wakes around once a day in storage and if too hot can fire up the fans to cool down. The vent areas must remain open.
Some fancy covers appear to provide 'pockets' for the mirrors and optional flap for the charge port.

Other problem is if you're trying to protect the car from sticky stuff from trees etc do you really want to deal with and store a sticky cover?

Hi, I live in the UK and would like to purchase an outdoor car cover for my Model 3. Unfortunately the Tesla shop outlets in the UK appear not to stock them.
Does anyone know where I could get one from?

Thanks

I brought the outdoor cover from the Tesla store online. It fits well.
Can't comment on scratches in wind, as I wanted a waterproof cover to stop the asbestos deposits from water leaks in my garage which were a pain to remove even though the car was ceramic coated. Lockdown in a deluge not helpful ;)
It has a flap for the connector and vents at the front for cooling.