Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Performance has a hitch cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed a change on my Model 3 Performance that I picked up June 1. The lower trim panel has a built-in cover/opening presumably for a hitch:

2019 Model 3 Performance Hitch Cover?

I am installing the EcoHitch Stealth and planned to install their Undercover accessory to cover the hole that you drill but turns out I don't need to drill a hole at all...bonus. I let Torklift Central know as well.

Dang. I want that panel.
They really should have made the hitch like mine though.
5C1B0221-C7CD-4599-A5EC-18859092F8A3.jpeg

Reactions: android04
I've noticed a change on my Model 3 Performance that I picked up June 1. The lower trim panel has a built-in cover/opening presumably for a hitch:

2019 Model 3 Performance Hitch Cover?

I am installing the EcoHitch Stealth and planned to install their Undercover accessory to cover the hole that you drill but turns out I don't need to drill a hole at all...bonus. I let Torklift Central know as well.

I noticed , (July 2019 in U.S.), Model 3 had this cover/opening but when I received my Model 3 Performance it did not have this cover. I asked my adviser if they could switch it to one with a flap and was told yes. Not sure why some have the hatch over and others don't.... Also I spoke with Service about warranty if I were to put on a hitch and they said they could not guarantee that it would NOT void the warranty..... I'm sure may owners want a hitch to carry a bike rack like me - come on Tesla - please make it happen!

I'm still waiting for a OEM hitch option. I'd assume it would include installation/upgrade of the rear under bumper cover to include the door the new models comes with. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced through... I'd expect Elon to tweet about it months before the official release. Maybe it's just for the EU hitch... I hope not though!

If there isn't an option by Spring 2020 I'll be going aftermarket.

Funny how informed the service centers are. I made the drive last week to see if I could buy the European panel for my hitch and after the guy walked around asking people I was told no because it was an international part. SMH, back to the SC to try to order. This time with the part number.

I'm still waiting for a OEM hitch option. I'd assume it would include installation/upgrade of the rear under bumper cover to include the door the new models comes with. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced through... I'd expect Elon to tweet about it months before the official release. Maybe it's just for the EU hitch... I hope not though!

If there isn't an option by Spring 2020 I'll be going aftermarket.

There already is an OEM hitch option, but only in Europe: https://electrek.co/2019/05/08/tesla-model-3-tow-hitch/