Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Predicted Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A useful interior camera. Why is it in a car with so many cameras, it can't figure out who is in the driver's seat and select their profile?

My wife and I use easy entry. I frequently forget who drove last. I have way too many harrowing Indiana Jones experiences of the seat and steering wheel closing together to crush me if I don't get to the touch screen fast enough to change from her profile to mine.

Remember that this is not an "I want" thread, this is a thread for features you think will arrive on Model 3 in the next 15 months.

Do you think facial recognition and/or a better interior camera will arrive on the Model 3 in the next 15 months? I do not.

Remember that this is not an "I want" thread, this is a thread for features you think will arrive on Model 3 in the next 15 months.

Do you think facial recognition and/or a better interior camera will arrive on the Model 3 in the next 15 months? I do not.
Fair enough, it's definitely a want. However I think this feature could easily show up in the next year or so. Tesla made a big deal when they started syncing driver profiles to the cloud, and I see this as an obvious extension.

I believe we won't see it in the Model 3 though until the same feature is available on the S and X first. I will be surprised if the rumored interior upgrade for them did not happen in (late) 2019.

Here are my guesses

- paired phones can be tied to driver profiles

- dedicated calendars for each driver profile

- profile can have a saved song/slacker station/tunein channel play as soon as car turns on

- the interior camera will take picture of cabin if owner reports vehicle stolen from the app.

- window control from the app

- Autopilot nagging will be significantly reduced

Far future guesses

- AWD to be standard on long range battery with increase in price, SR will be RWD only. This will simplify the factory process

- New wheel option 19”

- a sunroof will be optional/standard on the premium interior