Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 SR+ for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I hope y'all have been safe from the pandemic. I have owned my 2019 M3 SR+ for 15 months which made me love Tesla products. I'm looking to sell it as I recently ordered a Model Y since my commute as a Navy Recruiter became longer now and need more range and will be working longer hours. Asking for $35,000 just to break even on my loan. I've have only used my M3 to drive to work (~50 miles roundtrip per day) and drove to San Diego about twice so I mainly charge at home. I have kept it in excellent condition and I will gladly send pictures as requested. Great vehicle performance and comfort, tinted windows, doors weather strips for external noise reduction and more. I'm in the San Bernardino area in case you would like to see it in person.

(moderator note: moved to appropriate forum)

Thank you for the link! I'll go ahead and post there too. I have an appointment with CarMax in a little but I wanted to see if I could help someone in the chat. I haven't thought about trading but sounds interesting. I can let you know at the end of the day if we can possibly do that.

LOL Navy all the way! Stay safe!

Thank you for the link! I'll go ahead and post there too. I have an appointment with CarMax in a little but I wanted to see if I could help someone in the chat. I haven't thought about trading but sounds interesting. I can let you know at the end of the day if we can possibly do that.

The moderator already moved your post to the proper place (here). Tesla's website has a place to get a price on your trade-in, Trade-in | Tesla , when you ordered the Model Y it should've asked you about a trade-in as well. There is some tax stuff that may work in your favor if you trade the current Model 3 for the new Y.

The moderator already moved your post to the proper place (here). Tesla's website has a place to get a price on your trade-in, Trade-in | Tesla , when you ordered the Model Y it should've asked you about a trade-in as well. There is some tax stuff that may work in your favor if you trade the current Model 3 for the new Y.

In california, we dont have any trade in credits so there isnt any tax implications here (assuming that the "fontana" under the OPs name is "fontana, california" which it likely is.

Thanks! They did ask for a trade-in but they offered me a $28K when I paid $43K a year ago so I said no. Just like jjrandorin mentioned, I don't believe there is any credit for trade in in California.

Attachments

• IMG_4933.jpg
    IMG_4933.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4935.JPG
    IMG_4935.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Matsayz
Hello everyone! I hope y'all have been safe from the pandemic. I have owned my 2019 M3 SR+ for 15 months which made me love Tesla products. I'm looking to sell it as I recently ordered a Model Y since my commute as a Navy Recruiter became longer now and need more range and will be working longer hours. Asking for $35,000 just to break even on my loan. I've have only used my M3 to drive to work (~50 miles roundtrip per day) and drove to San Diego about twice so I mainly charge at home. I have kept it in excellent condition and I will gladly send pictures as requested. Great vehicle performance and comfort, tinted windows, doors weather strips for external noise reduction and more. I'm in the San Bernardino area in case you would like to see it in person.

Would you contact me info/pics at [email protected]? TIA

How did it go with CarMax? They offer anything good? Thanks and good luck

carmax and caravan offered me a lot more than Tesla did. Carmax was 5k over and I dont remember what caravan was(I was just seeing what they would pay I love my car too much to sell it lol)
It is amazing how much Carmax and Carvana pay compared to the price Tesla is listing and selling new inventory 2020 SR+ 3’s, right around $35k. It’s tough to take any depreciation but 19’s are 2 years old now and even if you paid full retail it still isn’t bad. The Performance Teslas take a significantly larger percentage of depreciation.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
How did it go with CarMax? They offer anything good? Thanks and good luck

Hello and sorry for the delay! Carvana offered $29K while Carmax offered $31K. I was able to sell it to a private buyer for a little more so it was better for me to get closer to break even on my loan. I wouldn't have sold them to neither company since I wasn't in a rush but I'm glad it worked out.

It is amazing how much Carmax and Carvana pay compared to the price Tesla is listing and selling new inventory 2020 SR+ 3’s, right around $35k. It’s tough to take any depreciation but 19’s are 2 years old now and even if you paid full retail it still isn’t bad. The Performance Teslas take a significantly larger percentage of depreciation.

Like any more expensive vehicle regardless of brand. Even Tesla. The more expensive, the more it will depreciate in the first few years. And, especially, if you bought new with FSD option (for now).

Tesla also lowers their prices (yet maintains or improves features) over time.