Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Standard Range Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey recently traded in my gas guzzler vehicle (15mpg), since my new role has me commuting using my own personal car now (company lease before).

Stumbled upon a listing on Vroom, which was a 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard. Price was great, 31k and some change. I went ahead and reserved and completed all the paperwork this week and got locked with them. I have pending delivery date of June 6th, 2021.

Not concerned with range, since I will be driving generally 120 miles a day or less once back in office. Just more curious if autopilot comes with this particular model, since it's standard range. Vroom did not do justice and took pictures of the information screen, but just cropped out all applicable information, so the VIN, mileage, and model type show. I know it has premium connectivity, since LTE is enabled and the pictures taken have them streaming music and such.

I did some further research into the CarFax and discovered the manufacturing date was late April 2019. I know Tesla did make a conversion over to eliminating the standard range and left standard range +. This vehicle has all the standard range + interior options including the fog lights as well.

What's the chances of having autopilot equipped in this 2019 Tesla Model 3 standard?

Thanks!

If its actually a standard range (not standard range +) virtually zero, unless tesla left it on there by mistake. The Tesla Model 3 SR (not talking about the SR+, just the SR) never came with autopilot at all. If this is a SR as you are calling it, then it wont have it.

SR vehicles had all the "stuff" of the SR+ but it wasnt activated. SR vehicles only had 30 days premium connectivity (as well as SR+) so I am not sure what you are talking about with it "having premium connectivity". Perhaps you mean "has the hardware so I can subscribe to premium connectivity when I get it, for $9.99 a month"? All tesla model 3s have the ability to connect via LTE, but without premium connectivity paid for, you dont have a "plan" attached to your vin for cellular data so you dont have it.

TL ; DR. If its actually a SR and not SR+, virtually zero chance it has autopilot.

If its actually an SR+ that you are calling a SR, and it was first delivered > May of 2019, then good chance. First delivered < April of 2019 pretty much no chance. First delivered in April 2019 50/50 chance.

If its actually a standard range (not standard range +) virtually zero, unless tesla left it on there by mistake. The Tesla Model 3 SR (not talking about the SR+, just the SR) never came with autopilot at all. If this is a SR as you are calling it, then it wont have it.

SR vehicles had all the "stuff" of the SR+ but it wasnt activated. SR vehicles only had 30 days premium connectivity (as well as SR+) so I am not sure what you are talking about with it "having premium connectivity". Perhaps you mean "has the hardware so I can subscribe to premium connectivity when I get it, for $9.99 a month"? All tesla model 3s have the ability to connect via LTE, but without premium connectivity paid for, you dont have a "plan" attached to your vin for cellular data so you dont have it.

TL ; DR. If its actually a SR and not SR+, virtually zero chance it has autopilot.

If its actually an SR+ that you are calling a SR, and it was first delivered > May of 2019, then good chance. First delivered < April of 2019 pretty much no chance. First delivered in April 2019 50/50 chance.

Thanks for the insight! I am not particularly sure, I referenced the premium connectivity to my friend that I saw in the photos. Music playing with the album art and such and having the caroke options as well. I thought those were all Premium Connectivity features. Based upon YouTube videos and Tesla press release.

The vehicle was delivered in the part of March 2019 timeframe.

“Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time. Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.”

Just curious on why it would be present.

Picture of screen attached.

Attachments

• 4E87694C-C1C3-4728-9D77-58006EA6DCE9.jpeg
    4E87694C-C1C3-4728-9D77-58006EA6DCE9.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 171
You will be able to subscribe to it. If they took that screenshot when they got the car in, the premium connectivity is a month to month subscription, so its possible it was active when they took it in. It wont be active when you get it, until you pay the monthly 9.99 fee though.

You will be able to subscribe to it. If they took that screenshot when they got the car in, the premium connectivity is a month to month subscription, so its possible it was active when they took it in. It wont be active when you get it, until you pay the monthly 9.99 fee though.
Ok, great! Just seemed in the press release it looked like they were locking that feature for premium connectivity. I don't know I am very leery of this Tesla model because the VIN details show it as a 2019 TESLA MODEL 3 - MID RANGE BATTERY RWD, but they are saying it's a standard range, but I cannot verify, since they took in adequate photos. Won't know until it gets here.

Ok, great! Just seemed in the press release it looked like they were locking that feature for premium connectivity. I don't know I am very leery of this Tesla model because the VIN details show it as a 2019 TESLA MODEL 3 - MID RANGE BATTERY RWD, but they are saying it's a standard range, but I cannot verify, since they took in adequate photos. Won't know until it gets here.

if its a mid range, you are getting a pretty great steal, IMO. Everything I said above for the SR is completely different for the midrange model (LEMR (limted edition mid range).

The LEMR has the full premium interior, all the speakers activated, fog lights activated, etc. Its basically everything the long range models were, but with a smaller battery. It only existed for a relatively small period of time. As far as VALUE, as long as the range doesnt bother you, it has all the other stuff (premium connectivity still needs to be subscribed to, though).

I didnt think they were making LEMRs in early 2019 but maybe they were.