Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 with Autopilot issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my model 3 is at 48,500 miles and the autopilot is failing constantly. The Decatur Georgia service center is refusing to service it since January. They say, it is caused by my window shade or my USB hard drive or maybe my pregnant wife’s seatbelt extension or maybe the orange weight. What can I do to get it fixed before the warranty expires.

Hello, my model 3 is at 48,500 miles and the autopilot is failing constantly. The Decatur Georgia service center is refusing to service it since January. They say, it is caused by my window shade or my USB hard drive or maybe my pregnant wife’s seatbelt extension or maybe the orange weight. What can I do to get it fixed before the warranty expires.

not sure if serious.jpg

If Serious, that "orange weight" might have something to do with falling out of autopilot.

If you are really complaining that "I have been using a wheel weight to not have to put my hands on the steering wheel,. now the sensor in my steering wheel that detects wheel torque is malfunctioning", like it sounds like you are, well, /shrug.

I had a different autopilot problem... not sure where else to post it. I was about 100 miles into a drive and had the autopilot on when I noticed the car started slowing down for no apparent reason. I looked at the display and saw that, on the expend side of the energy bar (not regen but the other way - the black side showing how much current is going to the motor) there were dots! Similar to the regen side when it’s cold or the battery’s full but on the OTHER side. The dots kept increasing and the power output of the car going down with them. 65... 60... 55... 50 and then, at that point, I turned off the autopilot and everything ran fine. Accelerated back up to 70 and stayed there for another 100 miles. Anybody else had that happen?