Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3s in Inventory - Discount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ordering an LR AWD with AP and FSD at the end of February and rejecting two 2018 VINs, I have finally been matched with a 2019 VIN in inventory that has a birthdate of Jan 2. I located the car on the VIN spreadsheet from another thread and found that it only has 6 miles on it. But the price listed is less than my MVPA. I have confirmed with my delivery advisor that the car is new and was never a demo or showroom model. Has anyone had any success in negotiating a price drop on an 2019 inventory Model 3 that is new (but almost 3 months old)?

Yeah, I took delivery of an early jan car as well, with 5 miles on it. Got a nice $400 inventory discount!
My order was for Blue LR AWD/ 19" wheels/ AP FSD while this car has aero wheels. I paid for sports wheels and the advisor put in a 19" wheel order and will do a wheel swap in coming weeks.

After ordering an LR AWD with AP and FSD at the end of February and rejecting two 2018 VINs, I have finally been matched with a 2019 VIN in inventory that has a birthdate of Jan 2. I located the car on the VIN spreadsheet from another thread and found that it only has 6 miles on it. But the price listed is less than my MVPA. I have confirmed with my delivery advisor that the car is new and was never a demo or showroom model. Has anyone had any success in negotiating a price drop on an 2019 inventory Model 3 that is new (but almost 3 months old)?
Would you have link to that VIN spreadsheet?

Yeah, I took delivery of an early jan car as well, with 5 miles on it. Got a nice $400 inventory discount!
My order was for Blue LR AWD/ 19" wheels/ AP FSD while this car has aero wheels. I paid for sports wheels and the advisor put in a 19" wheel order and will do a wheel swap in coming weeks.

Thanks for sharing! I’m scheduled to take delivery on Friday, but they haven’t brought up a discount yet (they just told me about the VIN this morning). When I speak to them next, I am going to ask about a discount but just wanted to see how much off others may have received. Also hoping to use the fact that it’s end of quarter to my advantage if possible!

Earlier today I ordered the Model 3, black on black, sport rims, long range, RWD, with auto-pilot. I received a text stating that my car will be delivered directly to my home in two days. I checked the VIN and it's a 2018 VIN#. I think I'm going to call to see about getting a 2019. Thoughts?

Not me. I took delivery of a July 2018 3 3 weeks and tried extra hard for a discount. It is service demo, blah blah 60 miles on the ODO. I got zippo. I didn’t find out it was a July 2018 car until we were well into the paperwork. My delivery person was nice but kinda slick.

Earlier today I ordered the Model 3, black on black, sport rims, long range, RWD, with auto-pilot. I received a text stating that my car will be delivered directly to my home in two days. I checked the VIN and it's a 2018 VIN#. I think I'm going to call to see about getting a 2019. Thoughts?

Not sure if any LR RWD are being produced again yet (I think they just started up again?), but if you can, I would hold out for a 2019.

Can you get the month? My July build is a nearly flawless car.

I had ordered a RWD LR, but realized people were getting discounts on dec 2018 AWD models. I asked my delivery advisor and told him i preferred a inventory AWD for around the price of my RWD order. About a day later they gave me some options that i declined. They callled me again later in the day and an AWD with the specs i wanted came in inventory w less than 50 miles. Got a $3,580 discount. Net only like $500 more than my brand new RWD order. The rep cancelled my other order that i was matched for and got a refund in 3 days. I’m taking delivery on sat.

An update. After 4 VINs (2 rejected by me for being 2018 models, the third was the 1/2/19 build that I was willing to take and what caused me to start this thread, the 4th being a mixup where they gave me a new VIN for no reason), I took delivery on Friday! I lucked out with a 3/20/19 build (unless March builds end up having issues). The only issue that I noticed at delivery was a large gap between the driver’s side and passenger doors (which they fixed, sort of, before I took the car). This is my 2nd Model 3 after my beloved July RWD build was totaled. Good luck with the deliveries!