Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 model s long range or 2023 new model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I got a seller who can sell me his 2019 tesla model s long range at 60k with 34k miles. It has fsd and free supercharge(not transferable, but maybe he can give me his account, don’t know if it works like that or not). And I also can buy a new model 3 standard range or long range now from tesla for less money, plus Tesla has 3750 credit this month and NJ has 2000 tax rebate.

Which one should I choose? Or wait for the next year?

If you have to buy now, then I agree with gerbs on getting the S. I have a 2018 S and briefly had a loaner 3 a couple months ago. The ride quality and road noise reduction is much superior on the S. Also in NJ, I don't believe the LR 3 qualifies for the tax rebate as it's over $55K.

Reactions: Leeclanual
I'd also opt for the S. I don't expect you'll be able to transfer the account to get free Supercharging as it will need to be connected to a credit card. Doubt the seller is leaving his card connected after the sale! Paying for Supercharging is not a big deal for 95% of owners, as most charging is done at home and Supercharging for the occasional trip.

If you have to buy now, then I agree with gerbs on getting the S. I have a 2018 S and briefly had a loaner 3 a couple months ago. The ride quality and road noise reduction is much superior on the S. Also in NJ, I don't believe the LR 3 qualifies for the tax rebate as it's over $55K.
Thanks for the reply. You are correct, the rebate only apply to standard model. Would there be better choices next year? I see that the new model 3 has the new MCU3 which use ryzen chip and it is much faster than mcu2. Will this be a problem? I don't have to buy now, but it seems the price much more fair compare to the beginning of year.

I'd also opt for the S. I don't expect you'll be able to transfer the account to get free Supercharging as it will need to be connected to a credit card. Doubt the seller is leaving his card connected after the sale! Paying for Supercharging is not a big deal for 95% of owners, as most charging is done at home and Supercharging for the occasional trip.
Can I use my credit card in his account to keep the free supercharge? I saw people posing that you can change the name and email address on the account?

will the MCU2 be too slow in the near future, and the new model 3 is equipped with the MCU3 using Ryzen chip.
I'm sure the Ryzen chip is there for some performance need we don't know about, so it's not nothing. But when I had MCU2 in my Model S, all I can say is that the map was (literally) dizzyingly fast at updating (for example, when I'd take a cloverleaf to get off an overpass onto a highway going under, so a 270-degree turn). Super smooth. But, there's not a single existing function in the interface on my M3 with Ryzen that is detectably faster than MCU2.

I'm sure the Ryzen chip is there for some performance need we don't know about, so it's not nothing. But when I had MCU2 in my Model S, all I can say is that the map was (literally) dizzyingly fast at updating (for example, when I'd take a cloverleaf to get off an overpass onto a highway going under, so a 270-degree turn). Super smooth. But, there's not a single existing function in the interface on my M3 with Ryzen that is detectably faster than MCU2.
I agree, I have seen videos showing that ryzen loads 4s into an app while MCU2 intel did it for 17s. If tesla is not going to give an option to update that firmware to MCU3, it will be a problem in the future. For example, MCU2 wont be able to handle more complicated algorithm used on FSD or some fancy apps. And the MCU2 model will be like the first generation MCU1 Tesla for now.

Hi folks, I got a seller who can sell me his 2019 tesla model s long range at 60k with 34k miles. It has fsd and free supercharge(not transferable, but maybe he can give me his account, don’t know if it works like that or not). And I also can buy a new model 3 standard range or long range now from tesla for less money, plus Tesla has 3750 credit this month and NJ has 2000 tax rebate.

Which one should I choose? Or wait for the next year?
We just replaced our 2023 Model 3 with a 2020 Model S.

We should've just bought the S from the get go.

Reactions: Leeclanual