Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model S Performance; FSD, Very Low Miles, 8-yr/100k Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we have an incoming Model S (eventually), we just listed our MS Perf on eBay:

(Or search under Item #334087602278.)

With 21" Arachnids, and the 8-year/100k Tesla ESA/Warranty, it compares VERY well with the "No, you can't see, touch, or drive it, before you buy it" used cars from Tesla. (And also because of their lousy one extra year/10k miles of warranty.)

Comments appreciated, of course:)

Thank you for the kind words. (And, yes, I wash it too often:)

Beginning to think selling it might be a bad idea though. Tesla is so massively behind on MS production that our replacement MS, ordered in DECEMBER, might not show up for many more months . . . that would be awkward.

Tesla appears to be giving some production to those that ordered weeks ago, while leaving long-termers like us without cars, and without any timeline as to when to expect their cars either.

Odd, very odd.

Thank you for the kind words. (And, yes, I wash it too often:)

Beginning to think selling it might be a bad idea though. Tesla is so massively behind on MS production that our replacement MS, ordered in DECEMBER, might not show up for many more months . . . that would be awkward.

Tesla appears to be giving some production to those that ordered weeks ago, while leaving long-termers like us without cars, and without any timeline as to when to expect their cars either.

Odd, very odd.
If I were you I’d keep it until you have a VIN or another electric car to use.

Update--replacement Model S MAY be enroute, after over 13 months of waiting!

Reposting:

Selling our low-mileage, 2019 Raven Model S Performance, Midnight Silver Metallic over Ultra White (Carbon Fiber trim), with Tesla 21" forged alloy Arachnid wheels.

Arguably one of the best for sale in the country: it's a one-owner with the latest Raven hardware upgrades, with Tesla's own ESA (8-year, 100,000-mile warranty), Full Self Driving (w/3.0 Hardware), and Paint Protection Film (PPF) on about 80% of the car. It has essentially no wear, even on the tires:

Or, if that one won't work, try:

For those that think the price is high at over $100k, please compare to Tesla's own offerings, NONE of which have even a single photograph, any PPF, and Tesla adds only a lousy extra year of warranty (and 10,000 miles).

For example, the 2019 MS Performance below has about twice the miles and is listed at over $110k (at I type this), and there are many others that can be found at www.ev-tsla.com with similar pricing (until they sell and they're gone):

And here's one with almost three times the miles, no CF, and 19" wheels, yet it's priced at over $100k (as I type this):

Thanks for your interest and we hope it goes to someone who will care for it as well as we have! These are very special cars . . . .

Anyone else notice how many scammers want to steal your car ("Meet me at _______ ." Yeah, sure. They disappear when you have them meet you at the local police station "swap lot!") when you try to sell private party?

Or, the latest scam: have you buy some BS "Carfax-type" report before they'll come out to see your car. Those are massive time wastes, with a half-dozen texts back and forth, only to realize they have ZERO interest in the actual purchase of the car . . . .

Selling a car private-party, especially an expensive one, is becoming a friggin' nightmare of dealing with scumbags. Ugh.

It almost makes me want to throw my hands up and trade the car in to Tesla, for them to mark it up massively and strip the 8-year/100,000-miles warranty off of it. (But at least I'd be doing my part to help Q1 earnings;-) And, of course, Tesla knows the ONLY way to get the 6.25% sales tax credit (only in some states) is to trade it in . . . .

Here's an example of another 2019 MS Perf at nearly $110,000--at this writing--with nearly twice the miles, no Arachnids, no pictures (of course), no carbon fiber, no PPF, and yet someone will buy it, perhaps thinking it's a "Tesla CPO" when Tesla does nothing but wash it and tack on an extra year of warranty (and 10,000 miles, FWIW):

So frustrating!

Anyone else notice how many scammers want to steal your car ("Meet me at _______ ." Yeah, sure. They disappear when you have them meet you at the local police station "swap lot!") when you try to sell private party?

Or, the latest scam: have you buy some BS "Carfax-type" report before they'll come out to see your car. Those are massive time wastes, with a half-dozen texts back and forth, only to realize they have ZERO interest in the actual purchase of the car . . . .

Selling a car private-party, especially an expensive one, is becoming a friggin' nightmare of dealing with scumbags. Ugh.

It almost makes me want to throw my hands up and trade the car in to Tesla, for them to mark it up massively and strip the 8-year/100,000-miles warranty off of it. (But at least I'd be doing my part to help Q1 earnings;-) And, of course, Tesla knows the ONLY way to get the 6.25% sales tax credit (only in some states) is to trade it in . . . .

Here's an example of another 2019 MS Perf at nearly $110,000--at this writing--with nearly twice the miles, no Arachnids, no pictures (of course), no carbon fiber, no PPF, and yet someone will buy it, perhaps thinking it's a "Tesla CPO" when Tesla does nothing but wash it and tack on an extra year of warranty (and 10,000 miles, FWIW):

So frustrating!

Hell yeah, selling Private Party CAN be a total pain in the (_I_). But it doesn't always have to be so long as you properly screen your potential Buyer. Let's say for instance it's a fellow TMC member. Well, you've got: Tenure, Reputation, Sold before successfully?, Purchased before successfully?, etc. All likely key indicators of a potential successful transaction. In addition there are other potential indicators: Is this person flying in to purchase it then driving it home? As it's doubtful a person purchasing a One-Way ticket is a "Scammer". And if you think they're making that up then I would ask for a copy of their flight itinerary. Just to be "sure" their Inbound flight is on schedule to keep your meeting "on schedule" of course. I've gone as far as to ask for their Username on eBay. I'll review their overall feedback and even send a message to that User via eBay to ensure it's them and not some person they found on eBay with a stellar reputation. Point being, IMO there are creative ways to weed out the Scammers & Tire Kickers and hone in on the Actual Cash Buyers . I don't know about you, but my time is very valuable to me and I would certainly accept a reduced price on items I've sold if all the key indicators aforementioned look favorable. Especially for something as expensive as this. Six figures isn't Chump Change for the vast majority of people.

Now here's the Tricky part. Is actually finding a Buyer that meets the aforementioned criteria. I could've sworn I just heard of a guy that meets ALL of those indicators floating around here on TMC looking for a MS Raven in either Pearl White Multi-Coat, Midnight Silver Metallic or Deep Blue Metallic with white interior & carbon fiber decor with FSD. I'll tell you what. You seem like a cool cat, and if you're an actual Pilot that makes you even cooler IMO. So, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you and give you a heads up if this Buyer blips the radar again. How that be for ya? :D😂🤣😂😁😇:cool:

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Thank you for the kind words and accurate description of this process.

None of this would be an issue but for the fact that Tesla offers next to nothing for Traded-In Teslas, while then selling them at a 40 to 50% markup, this with a lousy 1-extra year/10,000-miles of extra warranty, and NO pictures.

This is jaw-dropping and exasperating as my state DOES credit the value of the trade-in for sales tax (i.e. we are not double-taxed).

I'm a slow learner, but I get it--Tesla does NOT want to deal with:

1. Used Teslas, despite their ability to bring even more ICE owners into the EV world at a lower price of entry; and,
2. Servicing older Teslas, hence the death of the ESA/Extended Warranty program.

I presume this was an Elon-level decision, and he's likely smarter than me, but I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Anyone else understand Elon's/Tesla's decisions with used Teslas?

How much would you really sell the car for? Tesla over prices there’s. If you’ve got a realistic figure I’d considering it but you’re asking more than a new 2022 refresh that is nearly as performant and has tons of nice upgrades.
If you spec out a 2022 "base" MS, in the same color combo, w/the 21" wheels, it's ~$116,200. This one is the final "Raven" version of the previous Model S, has the somewhat rare "real" Arachnids (forged instead of cast), thousands in Paint Protection Film, is well sorted, and has very, very low miles (tires have as-new tread depth).

And it's much faster than a current "base" Model S as it's the "Mack Daddy" Performance version.

I'll posit that you've forgotten that FSD costs $12,000, and is only going up in cost again and again?

Also, this Model S has the very rare Tesla ESA for 8-YEARS/100,000-miles of warranty coverage. (Note that that is no longer available from Tesla, at any cost . . . which is a very bad signal IMHO. It tells buyers, "We here at Tesla are so proud of the longevity of our latest products that we won't fully warranty your new car for more than four years, AT ANY PRICE.")

That's really disappointing, but Elon's smarter than me so I must be missing something?

All that said, feel free to make an offer, but there are two other parties awaiting the title's arrival to supposedly seal a deal of some sort; may the best buyer/offer win:)

p.s. It also has Free Supercharger Access as well, but I suspect it's only for the first owner and will cancel upon sale. We could wait until you get home to tell Tesla if you'd like to take it on a road trip back to UT . . .

This is somewhat dependent upon the platform where you list...

For example, there are a lot of automated processes (bots, etc.) that are specifically created for Craigslist and some of the popular, broader platforms. Some of these platforms do a better job of filtering than others (eBay is a lot better then Craigs, as are some other platforms where you have to pay).

We aggressively filter spammers out using a variety of algorithmic and proprietary methods, and the feedback we've received has been quite good on that. We also have manual processes in place to filter out spammers/scammers (in terms of inquiries/listings) and have a zero tolerance policy for all the above (although we don't get involved in the transactions between buyers and sellers).

Some notable things to watch out for are payment scams (fake checks, payment method trickery), identity scams (buyers are not who they say they are or are trying to extract personal information from you), and sales-type scams (trying to get you to buy something, sell you some sort of service, etc.). Luckily, there are relatively easy ways to mitigate these risks.

All that being said, don't get discouraged if you really want to sell your car privately and maximize your profit--while some scams can be quite sophisticated, it's very possible to sell your Tesla with little pain if you take some general precautions, and are committed to doing your proper due diligence on buyers.

Last edited:

So frustrating!
The funny part is i ended up selling my Model S on Facebook market place of all places. I experience all your siutations above...esp the send me the 'carfax-type' history one. Hang in there, it'll sell eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
p.s. It also has Free Supercharger Access as well, but I suspect it's only for the first owner and will cancel upon sale.

Can anyone chime in and confirm if the UFSC could be "transferred" if the Seller is willing to Surrender their Tesla account to the new buyer? With all these people selling their Reservations lately I've noticed a few mention something about them willing to give the new buyer their current Tesla account to help with some part of the sale process. Perhaps something to do with keeping the original purchase price??? I'm sure someone on here knows the answer to this question. Thanks...