Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model S - Raven software version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I've been reading a lot as I was researching my first Tesla purchase and found a lot of good information on this website. I just received a Model S Long Range - Raven on Thursday of last week. I wanted to find out what firmware version other Raven owners are on. Mine originally had a software glitch and they determined that I was incorrectly on a "factory" version of the software. So they sent me a new version to download - 2019.15.102 1002803d. I have a few questions:

1. What version do other new Raven owners have? I've tried researching, but can't seem to find good data. I see many others with seemingly newer versions (ie higher numbers).
2. I've been told I have HW3, although they wouldn't give me an option list. I do have the written word from the delivery manager, so I believe I do have the upgraded computer. I'm assuming that the software version I have will be tied to that?
3. I can't tell whether I have the new Emergency Lane Departure system. Is there anyway to find out? For those that have it, what does the settings screen look like?

Thanks for the help!

1. I don't remember the version that I had when I got the car a month ago, but about 1 week later it updated to
2019.16.3 3e8c226

2. A way to check if you have HW3 is to see what codec is used for TeslaCam video encoding. HW3 encodes using H.265 (HEVC) whereas HW2.5 uses H.264 (AVC). My car's videos are encoded using h.265.
See this youtube video:

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
3. I can't tell whether I have the new Emergency Lane Departure system. Is there anyway to find out? For those that have it, what does the settings screen look like?

Lane departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance are currently only on the Model 3. Presumably they'll be coming to the S and X relatively soon. I believe they are on all model 3s, whether they have AP2.5 or AP3.

Reactions: pslawing
My MS Raven just got update 2019.20.4.2, which has no noticable differences from the previous version. All Ravens come with the new inhouse computer with AP3, even some of the previous non-Ravens have the new one installed (as of late March).