Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2019 Model X new with the 75 MW battery package. I was told at the time that all Model Xs came from the factory with a 100 MW battery and that if I wanted to upgrade I could unlock the adittional 25 MW with a software update. I love the car but have been completely unhappy with range. When I went to unlock the additional 25 MW that option had disappeared from my updates menu. When I called Tesla they just told me that that the option had been withdrawn.

Unfortunately the original promise that I could update to 100 MW was verbal, not written. Otherwise I would be thinking about suing Tesla. Does anyone else know about this issue ?? Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I purchased a 2019 Model X new with the 75 MW battery package. I was told at the time that all Model Xs came from the factory with a 100 MW battery and that if I wanted to upgrade I could unlock the adittional 25 MW with a software update. I love the car but have been completely unhappy with range. When I went to unlock the additional 25 MW that option had disappeared from my updates menu. When I called Tesla they just told me that that the option had been withdrawn.

Unfortunately the original promise that I could update to 100 MW was verbal, not written. Otherwise I would be thinking about suing Tesla. Does anyone else know about this issue ?? Thanks.
Are you talking to someone at a service center or are you dealing with Tesla direct via the app/text messaging

Tesla direct.

Do you have a screenshot showing upgrade?

Better yet. Can you get up under the car to see what code is on the pack?

Dollars to donuts you actually have a BTX5 which most certainly cannot (well, will not) be upgraded by Tesla by conventional methods (Battery failure might trigger a replacement with the 85kWh 350v pack)

I was told at the time that all Model Xs came from the factory with a 100 MW battery and that if I wanted to upgrade I could unlock the adittional 25 MW with a software update.
You were told wrong. Your car almost certainly has a real 75kwh battery with no additional capacity to unlock.

There should be a battery sticker in the front passenger wheel well - take a picture of that to confirm.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
You were told wrong. Your car almost certainly has a real 75kwh battery with no additional capacity to unlock.

There should be a battery sticker in the front passenger wheel well - take a picture of that to confirm.
Apparently a handful of Standard Range cars did go out with software locked BTX6’s.

Haven’t seen one in the wild to date and I expect that most if not all have been traded back in to Tesla or otherwise disposed of.