Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Long Range Raven Acceleration Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't feel shudder at low/standard suspension height either.

And, I agree - shudder maybe expected when accelerating hard at high/very high suspension, as warned in the manual. That is also why the car automatically lowers from very high/high upon reaching 35 mph/45 mph.

View attachment 496273[/Q
Thank you for sharing.

Do you have a long rage or performance?
Long range.

I have a long range Raven X (Sep 2019). I'm getting the acceleration noise with the suspension on normal height and low, less on "very low", but still there. Started out only happening on first few drives of the day. Summer though, not cold weather. It's now happening all the time. On moderate acceleration up or down-hill. It's a "clunk-clunk-clunk" type of noise sometimes a "grind", all from the front-end.

I have a long range Raven X (Sep 2019). I'm getting the acceleration noise with the suspension on normal height and low, less on "very low", but still there. Started out only happening on first few drives of the day. Summer though, not cold weather. It's now happening all the time. On moderate acceleration up or down-hill. It's a "clunk-clunk-clunk" type of noise sometimes a "grind", all from the front-end.

It sounds like you are experiencing the same concern. I took my Model X back in for service last week and they were able to resolve the issue by replacing LH, and RH (2nd generation) Front Drive Unit Halfshafts. Good luck!

Hey, you're right. Unrelated, I had a sudden onset of extremely squeaky suspension. Service guys said it was a seized bearing on the upper LH front control arm (FR UPR ARM ASSY LH 1027322-00-D). While it was in service they diagnosed (finally), my clunk/grind on moderate acceleration from the front end. And yes, half-shafts definitely, both sides. Having them replaced soon. Cheers

Thank you for the great information and for taking the time to post it. Hopefully Tesla Engineering will find a solution soon. I wonder if there are any Raven Model X's out there that don't make this noise? If we could find one, or more, perhaps then we could narrow down the build dates and find a solution.
I have a long range model X built in November 2020, and it makes the same noise. Dissapointing.....