Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Long Range Raven - HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Raven X 45k miles, E battery.
HV failure while supercharging. I supercharge like 95% of time b/c of free supercharging.
Seems like a few of us who had HV failure are 2019 models.
Exactly the same here!
2019 august Raven 153.000km / 95 k miles . 70% supercharging.
8th of march: During supercharging, battery errors nothing worked. Is now in repair and invoice states

ASY,HV BATT,100KWH,SX,REMANUFACTURED,RAVEN (1107679-01-E)

coincidence or software update?

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 211
2019 Raven X 45k miles, E battery.
HV failure while supercharging. I supercharge like 95% of time b/c of free supercharging.
Seems like a few of us who had HV failure are 2019 models.
Yes, looks that way. My October 2019 Raven, 66,000 miles, HV Battery just failed while supercharging. They will replace it with a refurbished unit next Tuesday. I have unlimited free supercharging so I use that about 90% of the time. I asked about paying to upgrade the battery but they said there was no upgrade.

Question: Will Tesla pay for transporting the car since it is a warranty issue? I’m 137 miles from the SC.

Last edited:
Yes, looks that way. My October 2019 Raven HV Battery just failed while supercharging. They will replace it with a refurbished unit next Tuesday. I have unlimited free supercharging so I use that about 90% of the time. I asked about paying to upgrade the battery but they said there was no upgrade.

Question: Will Tesla pay for transporting the car since it is a warranty issue? I’m 137 miles from the SC.

If you have a Raven, there really is no upgrade; it already has a 100kWh battery.

Yes, looks that way. My October 2019 Raven, 66,000 miles, HV Battery just failed while supercharging. They will replace it with a refurbished unit next Tuesday. I have unlimited free supercharging so I use that about 90% of the time. I asked about paying to upgrade the battery but they said there was no upgrade.

Yes they delivered it to my home. I was 200 miles from Chico service center. I had to push for it though. Tesla always says no at first.

We had the same thing happen. New HV battery replaced January 2 2023, total failure again 1/19/23. Sitting in my garage. I'm beyond frustrated and not sure what to do.
Sorry that happened. Hopefully Tesla replaced it free of charge and your vehicle is now working normally again? They can give you a free loaner too. I agree with the other member, that this is a highly abnormal occurrence.

Well I too am joining a club of which I wish I were not a member. Model X,, 2019 September build. HV battery failure with codes as others have mentioned. Waited a week to get appointment for repair, car has been at SC about a week and now I am told a date of May 24. Car has 75k miles, lots of road trips and level 2 charger at home. SC is only 15 miles away, had to pay $300 to tow from home to SC, with their approved service. I will be expecting to get my towing and diagnostic fees back. No loan cars available. So at this point I am $575 out of pocket for a warranty repair and car remains at SC.

Both my 2019 performance X, and my brother’s 2019 performance S had our HV batteries replaced within a couple of months of each other last fall. We bought them in the same month, August. 2019. Mine has about 44k miles, his less than 10K, (he also drives a new Corvette). Took a month at Orlando, where it was towed from a supercharger, for my replacement. Took a little over a week for my brother at Merritt island, wher it was towed from his daughter’s house. No loaner available for either of us. Neither one of us supercharge much at all. 98% home charged i would guess

Well I too am joining a club of which I wish I were not a member. Model X,, 2019 September build. HV battery failure with codes as others have mentioned. Waited a week to get appointment for repair, car has been at SC about a week and now I am told a date of May 24. Car has 75k miles, lots of road trips and level 2 charger at home. SC is only 15 miles away, had to pay $300 to tow from home to SC, with their approved service. I will be expecting to get my towing and diagnostic fees back. No loan cars available. So at this point I am $575 out of pocket for a warranty repair and car remains at SC.

I wanted to provide follow up here as I now have the Model X back. Car was towed to SC on May 9, and I picked it on May 25. Service performed sounds consistent with what others have experienced. HV batt. RAVEN(1107679-01-E;, 12V battt. replaced, Drain and refill HV battery Coolant. SC advisor said it was a new battery, and I stated I understood they were remanufactured and he insisted they were new. Clearly the invoice states they are remanufactured. My range, when new was 328 miles, and before the failure it was down to 287 miles. Bringing the "new" battery to 100% gave me the same 287 miles, no gain, no loss. I did nothing to "condition the "new" battery just charge overnight on Tesla wall connector. There were no loan cars available during the service time even though I was "at the top of the list". No charges to me, and my $300 tow fee by Tesla Road Service is being refunded. Not a horrible experience, but not one I want to repeat.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I wanted to provide follow up here as I now have the Model X back. Car was towed to SC on May 9, and I picked it on May 25. Service performed sounds consistent with what others have experienced. HV batt. RAVEN(1107679-01-E;, 12V battt. replaced, Drain and refill HV battery Coolant. SC advisor said it was a new battery, and I stated I understood they were remanufactured and he insisted they were new. Clearly the invoice states they are remanufactured. My range, when new was 328 miles, and before the failure it was down to 287 miles. Bringing the "new" battery to 100% gave me the same 287 miles, no gain, no loss. I did nothing to "condition the "new" battery just charge overnight on Tesla wall connector. There were no loan cars available during the service time even though I was "at the top of the list". No charges to me, and my $300 tow fee by Tesla Road Service is being refunded. Not a horrible experience, but not one I want to repeat.
One thing I found interesting - my replacement battery - a reconditioned one - was actually better than my original battery. At 90%, it showed about 8 more miles available than my original battery did when new. I also noticed that the replacement battery would only drop about 8% of the battery when driving to the grocery store, a 20 minute drive for me, where the original battery would drop 10%, on average. So it seemed my replacement battery was actually better than the original one.

You can check if it’s remanufactured battery by looking at the label in the right front wheel well.

Follow up: Wow, great customer service. They replaced the battery and paid for everything. It was done a week sooner than quoted. I noticed my new battery can charge above 190 kW and stays at higher current throughout the charge session. My old battery never charged that fast.

How often do you guys super charge? I have a MX Raven July 2019 P100D with 47k miles. I super charge a couple times a year, and mainly charge on L1 as I daily drive my 2022 M3 RWD LFP. I only use the wall connector L2 48 amps / 32A for LFP, if I’m planning a long drive.
I cycle the MX battery from 70% - 40%. I have about 4% battery degradation after charging to 100%, draining to 1%, and charging back to 100%.
I maybe wrong but thought in 2019 the Raven powertrain would have the performance trim renamed as “Performace” instead of P100D. And the 100D trim would be renamed has Long Range. Could someone help confirm about to buy a 2019 Longe Range and would like to make sure. Thank you!

I maybe wrong but thought in 2019 the Raven powertrain would have the performance trim renamed as “Performace” instead of P100D. And the 100D trim would be renamed has Long Range. Could someone help confirm about to buy a 2019 Longe Range and would like to make sure. Thank you!
Yes that’s correct. 100d renamed as long range and p100d renamed as performance. But badging on car would say “dual motor” with a red line under it for performance. Non-performance would jsut say “dual motor” without the red line.

i think this is what u looking for:

i thought that all "badges changes" happen around March 2019 but maybe X is different... unless its a typo in above link..

Anyone know for sure?

Yes but I think the max I’ve gotten from what I remember is 175kw. Model 3,y and newer model x go up to 250kw
Later Raven production tops out at about 205kw for about 5 minutes starting from low state of charge, no idea about the earlier Ravens. They at one point advertised it would do 225 or even 250kw for a short time, but that's never actualyl happened in real life to my knowledge, for anyone.

It makes a quick topoff faster, but otherwise not really any better than a 100D. Mine does this pretty consistently starting below 20% - about 5 minutes above 190kw, about 5 minutes tapering off from there, and then the rest of the charge it hovers at around 95 until it tapers off at 70% or so. So the first 20% is pretty fast but after that, not really any better - but it's also about 10% more efficient than the pre-raven cars thanks to the front motor and some other improvements (wheel bearings, and some others, supposedly). My car rolls way, way free-er in neutral than a pre-Raven car, but I'm not sure if all Ravens got the same improvements or if mine has some extra special sauce because it's a late-production long range plus with the 371 mile rated range (I think it got a different motor cooling pump?)

Easiest way is to check the vehicle info page. Front motor should be permanent magnet on a Raven

Reactions: bkkballer
Follow up: Wow, great customer service. They replaced the battery and paid for everything. It was done a week sooner than quoted. I noticed my new battery can charge above 190 kW and stays at higher current throughout the charge session. My old battery never charged that fast.
That's great to hear. I have to say I'm overall happy with my service experiences as well, other than their frequency

Same issue as everyone listed here. 2019 Raven Model X Performance. Driving home got error message Acceleration and Power Reduced and the car would not regen or accelerate above 150kw. Then get home turn off and try to restart and get an avalanche of error codes and car will not start. Towed to service center and stated HV battery replacement required. Now I am waiting on an ETA for that fix.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston