Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Raven Long Range 7 Seater - NY - 10,200 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Jim don’t worry about the trolls here. Sorry to hear about the service issues and the issue you had with your car.

I’ve found that it does get better because once you get the issues fixed the cars are trouble free and you don’t have to deal with service.

Service used to be amazing but because of the increased cars sold and people taking advantage it has noise dived.

I can vouch for Jim. Have met him in person and is a true ev enthusiast. He struggled through limited range ev before getting this Tesla. The car is amazing. Service has not kept up.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I’m confused....if it’sa great car, why so many issues

It's not a great car. There's no such thing as "car is awesome but service is terrible". If the car is so great, why the constant need for service visits? Why hide all this in the sale ad on onlyusedtesla? Why hide all the videos about the problems suddenly? For sure not because the car is great.

Since this is a feeler thread, I will post my opinion on how all this could be solved: open a real sale thread, be open and honest with all the issues, consider the issues when pricing it, bite the bullet and sell it.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This guy is not a troll, you guys are harsh. I’ve been following his blight and he truly is a Telsa fanboy and been treated unfairly. It’s worse because of his brand loyalty. Probably feels like he’s been cheated on and dumped. Sad. Watch his videos :( Tesla needs to step up snd make it right.

At this point the guy just wants out, don’t blame him, hope our experience is better, we just bought two!

Last edited:
This guy is not a troll, you guys are harsh. I’ve been following his blight and he truly is a Telsa fanboy and been treated unfairly. It’s worse because of his brand loyalty. Probably feels like he’s been cheated on and dumped. Sad. Watch his videos :( Tesla needs to step up snd make it right.

At this point the guy just wants out, don’t blame him, hope our experience is better, we just bought two!

I disagree. I don’t see how anybody wronged him.

In my opinion, he's lucky he still has a warranty on this car. He attempted in numerous ways to fix the car himself even going as far as pulling the main fuse that required a special tool. Take apart a MacBook or any tech for that matter and try to get it covered under warranty.

In his last video, he's ranting and raving that tesla screwed him by not covering damage made by the tow company. WHAT he fails to mention is that he had the car towed weeks before by another tow company. Problem is that all this info is on social media and it's probably why they can't/won't cover it. How can they determine if it was his tow company or tesla's sub contractor that damaged it? There is just no way.

Finally, when you bash a service center and its employees on forums and youtube I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere knows someone that works at the said service center so it's highly probable that they have seen the videos. Don't expect anyone to go above and beyond for you after that. The minimum is what you will get. Warranty repairs (which tesla did) but nobody is going to bust their back trying to assign blame to either tow company. He wants to sue...well his case is dead in the water.

Last edited:
I disagree. I don’t see how anybody wronged him.

In my opinion, he's lucky he still has a warranty on this car. He attempted in numerous ways to fix the car himself even going as far as pulling the main fuse that required a special tool. Take apart a MacBook or any tech for that matter and try to get it covered under warranty.

In his last video, he's ranting and raving that tesla screwed him by not covering damage made by the tow company. WHAT he fails to mention is that he had the car towed weeks before by another tow company. Problem is that all this info is on social media and it's probably why they can't/won't cover it. How can they determine if it was his tow company or tesla's sub contractor that damaged it? There is just no way.

Finally, when you bash a service center and its employees on forums and youtube I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere knows someone that works at the said service center so it's highly probable that they have seen the videos. Don't expect anyone to go above and beyond for you after that. The minimum is what you will get. Warranty repairs (which tesla did) but nobody is going to bust their back trying to assign blame to either tow company. He wants to sue...well his case is dead in the water.

By far the people who take the time to share their negative experiences always get the most done while the ones who sit back like a little boy to shy to start any altercation or you can demand that things be resolved than go and post reviews and you will always be treated much better and get what u wanted and more. Its called survival of the fittest and any salesman at a dealership will tell you that they won’t go out of their way and will take advantage of a quiet , shy, and non intimidating customer cuz as humans we feed off these emotions and characteristics and know the weak individuals from the strong.
I’m not saying to be a dick unless they push you that far than sometimes you might but if you’re use to letting people walk on you well get used being a doormat to everyone for the rest of your life. Success is attractive just like confidence and demanding respect makes you respected.
They are many self help books out their to teach individuals who are shy, timid and afraid of any type of altercation to do what most successful and respected individuals learned on the school playground. Don't be bullied, stand up for yourself and if they don’t stop, smack them in the mouth (figuratively in the workforce for real on the school yard lol).

I think he’s been very transparent about his dealings with Tesla. Fan boys go on the attack whenever someone speak openly about issues with service and delivery. Those two things has been made other owners feel helpless when dealing with Tesla. They focus on sales but not so much with service. I’d like to know the stats on everybody who missed there original delivery date. I missed mine twice and received my brand new car with the front end out of alignment. The S and X cost two much money for mediocre service. I’d expect this with a Kia not a 100k Tesla