Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Standard Range - Worth it in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2022 Model Y LR on order, but found a great deal on a 2019 Model X Standard Range with under 20k miles, so still has over a year of new vehicle warranty on it. Even though it's a few years older, it seems like the fit, finish, and utility of a used X exceeds a new Y. If this used X were a Long Range without a ridiculous increase in price, I would already own it.

My questions though are targeted at those that own a 2019 Standard Range or 75D Model X:

1. Are you finding this range limiting? Have you attempted any longer trips and had issues finding SuperChargers that could make it work?

2. For any of those that have already owned and sold a 75D or Standard Range X, how much do you believe it having the shorter range impacted resale value?

3. Any other advice for things to look for in evaluating this car? I'm reading the forums and seen some great tips, but curious about any specifics related to 2019 MX Standard.
I’ve now had my model 22MYLR7 for a month and I’m truly wishing I had just purchased the 19 MX SR instead. Especially now that the resale value has plummeted. Had I not bought FSD, I would probably break even, but it looks like I’m in a Y for a bit until I can justify the loss. We have definitely returned to a more normal used car market.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Indeed. I'm looking forward to the many very awesome used cars sold in 2019+ to start finally depreciating. So many good fancy cars came out in the 2018-2020 timeframe that are artificially absurdly high right now when they used to depreciate a reliable 20% per year

We’ve had our 19 Raven Standard Range for about a month now. Love, love, love it. It’s dark grey with white 6 seat configuration and 22” wheels. I have the wall charger but haven’t installed it yet. I’m actually surprised how livable it has been using simple 120v outlet for sssslllooowwwww charging. On those rare days when we drive more than 50 miles or so, a 20-30 minute stop at Target (where our superchargers live) gets us back on track. So far, no regrets.

We’ve had our 19 Raven Standard Range for about a month now. Love, love, love it. It’s dark grey with white 6 seat configuration and 22” wheels. I have the wall charger but haven’t installed it yet. I’m actually surprised how livable it has been using simple 120v outlet for sssslllooowwwww charging. On those rare days when we drive more than 50 miles or so, a 20-30 minute stop at Target (where our superchargers live) gets us back on track. So far, no regrets.

Hot tip, get rid of those boat anchor 22’s and you’ll get much better range.

Here’s a recent range test on the aero 19”
A08FC989-7B70-49A3-9B8B-CEC5492AC538.png

That’s impressive, how much better are the 19s vs the 20s? We are currently in the market for an X. Just found a 2017 P100D with 20k miles left on an extended warranty ending in 2024. It’s so tempting at 69k but I’m worried about getting into such an old luxury vehicle. Also worried I will miss some of the improvements our 2019 Raven Model S has like one pedal driving and suspension stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Big time.

Probably gonna go with this kit soon since we are now fully out of B2B warranty.

GTK that there are aftermarket solutions out of warranty. What would TSLA charge for "fixing" this.

My other solution is to buy an aftermarket warranty. But I'm sure it will be pricey for X as well.

Well, Tesla’s current known fix is to keep replacing faulty half shafts with more faulty half shafts.
i've heard that meets the definition of.... insanity.

Funny that was what they were doing for smelly AC probem in 3. But they have fixed it recently They did waive that charge for replacement under warranty for me but it was small compared to huge mechanical $