Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X Standard (Raven) Battery Pack Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75/100 * 328 mile range of long range is 246 miles.

Keep in mind you typically don't charge to 100%, say 90% is pretty common.

Let's take the more optimistic 250 miles figure. Now you're down to 225 miles of range.
You typically don't want to go below 20% SOC (especially in cold weather, you might get stuck in traffic in the cold headed to super charger). You don't have the luxury of 4 gas stations every block.

Now you're down to 175 miles range (in perfect weather, no heat or AC, not driving to fast)

Very cold wether (say under 10F), cut that range in half. 87.5 miles.
Rain can be bad too, depends how heavy.

That does not include degradation over time. Say another 5%.

Get as much range as you can get.

The date of production matters.

Tesla no longer brands their vehicles by battery size. Now they are long distance, or no markings.

If you look behind the front passenger wheel, you can see a plate. On my Raven it says 100 kWh.

That does not mean it is exactly 100 kWh. Just a family of packs. Believe they are now on version 6 or 7 for the 100 kWh packs.

I traded in my 75X for a new Raven. I now get well over 100 more miles of range at full charge.

You can look at the battery sticker. The last I saw the battery on the standard range raven was a 75 kwh battery with a -B part number. The -B is rated at 250 miles. The -A 75 kwh X battery is rated at 237 miles. I suspect the difference between the two is improved core battery chemistry.

The date of production matters.

Tesla no longer brands their vehicles by battery size. Now they are long distance, or no markings.

If you look behind the front passenger wheel, you can see a plate. On my Raven it says 100 kWh.

That does not mean it is exactly 100 kWh. Just a family of packs. Believe they are now on version 6 or 7 for the 100 kWh packs.

I traded in my 75X for a new Raven. I now get well over 100 more miles of range at full charge.
What is your production month?

75/100 * 328 mile range of long range is 246 miles.

Keep in mind you typically don't charge to 100%, say 90% is pretty common.

Let's take the more optimistic 250 miles figure. Now you're down to 225 miles of range.
You typically don't want to go below 20% SOC (especially in cold weather, you might get stuck in traffic in the cold headed to super charger). You don't have the luxury of 4 gas stations every block.

Now you're down to 175 miles range (in perfect weather, no heat or AC, not driving to fast)

Very cold wether (say under 10F), cut that range in half. 87.5 miles.
Rain can be bad too, depends how heavy.

That does not include degradation over time. Say another 5%.

Get as much range as you can get.
You could charge to 100% if the battery size is i.e 100 because technically you only charge to 80% at this point.

the raven standard range is a 75 kWh pack

pictures have been posted of the sticker on the packs showing 75 kWh and 350V

also you can compare the weights of the standard and long range

@dk74 The real world range on pre raven 75D is around 160 miles. I listed my late 2018 MX 75D for sale due to low mileage. If I were you, I'd go for a LR model. It charges fast and gives you more miles. It is totally worth it on long drives.

There was a talk in mid 2019 that they were selling software locked 100kWh packs in 75D. Not sure if this was indeed the case. If not, the standard range has 75kWh battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: mswlogo
@dk74 The real world range on pre raven 75D is around 160 miles. I listed my late 2018 MX 75D for sale due to low mileage. If I were you, I'd go for a LR model. It charges fast and gives you more miles. It is totally worth it on long drives.

There was a talk in mid 2019 that they were selling software locked 100kWh packs in 75D. Not sure if this was indeed the case. If not, the standard range has 75kWh battery.

I know what you saying but the setup for LR is above my comfortable price and the question is do I really need these miles for my purpose. Like i said its typically 60 miles per day max and on rare occasions 100. Its mainly local and any trips we typically fly so we don't waste time in the car. But again buying remorse is the worst thing so...Especially since TEsla will have big battery announcement in APril this year and who knows LR may go down on price.

What are you talking about?

You may be confusing some trims that may have the battery software limited. Which neither the LR X or SR X is (100% is 100%, not 80%).
if battery is 100 pack but limited to 80 when you do 100 charge you technically only charging to 80% Again that was based on the false information I've got from tesla and other websites.

There was a talk in mid 2019 that they were selling software lock 100kWh packs in 75D. Not sure if this was indeed the case. If not, the standard range has 75kWh battery.
I know what you saying but the setup for LR is above my comfortable price and the question is do I really need these miles for my purpose. Like i said its typically 60 miles per day max and on rare occasions 100. Its mainly local and any trips we typically fly so we don't waste time in the car. But again buying remorse is the worst thing so...Especially since TEsla will have big battery announcement in APril this year and who knows LR may go down on price.

Agree.

There was a talk in mid 2019 that they were selling software lock 100kWh packs in 75D. Not sure if this was indeed the case. If not, the standard range has 75kWh battery.

Hate when Tesla Advisor is telling you that Standard comes with 100 but limited and with some websites stating 80 pack making you think that you could potentially unlock it in the future. But in fact if its 75 then how can you unlock 100kWh @vinny84? Waiting for them to verify my potential Raven from August 2019.

Hate when Tesla Advisor is telling you that Standard comes with 100 but limited and with some websites stating 80 pack making you think that you could potentially unlock it in the future. But in fact if its 75 then how can you unlock 100kWh @vinny84? Waiting for them to verify my potential Raven from August 2019.
Can't you just look under your car on the passenger side to see the sticker to find out?

I ordered an Inventory SR today in Germany - the sales guy wasnt sure whether this car has a 75kWh pack - he was guessing that this might be a software limited larger pack. I am letting the guys look at the car to examine what’s really inside. Based on that I will make my decision if to keep it or not.
the production date is 2019 and the last digits are somewhat with 8723xx - from that can I figure out when the car was build really? I assume that Tesla maybe had spare battery packs with 75kWh in the spring but if the production number is about 8723xx does that not mean that the car was build somewhat around the winter (assuming they put out 80-90000 s/x last Year)?