Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 MX LR (Raven) vs 2020/21MX LR - Difference?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know 2019 was when the Raven was first released and the next upgrade is the Plaid ('21 models), but are there any differences between the 19 MX vs the 20 or 21 MX? Looking to purchase a 19 MX, but was wondering if it was woth paying 5-10k more for a 20 or 21 MX? For me, range is the most critical factor, but also price, so a LR + is out of question.

They did a few tweaks to get more range. Even older Ravens also got some of that boost but it was never advertised how much. The very last Ravens were called LR+ and got 372 miles range. The refresh only gets 352 ! Other minor tweaks is seats (no power head rest), drop in drive train/battery warranty to 150K miles, Wireless phone charger.

Thanks mswlogo, what exactly is "refresh", I see that term thrown around and I was assuming that was for the 21 models. Also, the range listed for a 19 MX LR is at 333, so did that get bumped to 352?
No, that 352 is for currently shipping Model X called “refresh”.

333 sounds about right for a 19 Raven.

Be careful too, very early 19’s we’re not Ravens.

Handy to look at this display sometimes.
bXuZsRG.jpg

Other minor tweaks is seats (no power head rest), drop in drive train/battery warranty to 150K miles, Wireless phone charger.
They also added the external speaker in September 2019, I believe.

The head restraint change is more significant than it sounds, though. As a tall driver, I find the power head restraint juts out, and digs into my shoulders more than I would prefer (even all the way up). I've gotten used to it, so it's fine now. But, I don't remember the newer seats being like that.

Reactions: mswlogo
For what it's worth, at almost 18,000 miles, my November 2020 build, 2021 "model year" Long Range Plus shows 361-365 at 100%. The max it ever showed was 374 at about 7000 miles. I would think that would mean an early Raven with the same number of miles would be down in the 320's somewhere. The later Ravens get a few efficiency upgrades and at some point the battery went from around 100kwh to around 103, those incremental changes account for the range differences between early ravens, the Long Range, and the Long Range Plus. There's a whole thread somewhere on "G" and "H" batteries and where the cutoff was for "Long Range Plus Plus" which went from 351 to 371 rated range toward the very end of the model run. Buncha nerds. Might have been the delivery thread where that was discussed in detail now that I think about it.

I think at some poitn all the "optional" packages except wheels, paint and FSD became standard, maybe with the 2020 Long range? That would simplify the search so you're not stuck with some cool feature, like the trailer hitch, missing

Were I you, I'd get the absolute latest I can find and afford, and be at peace. If you're humping down the highway between superchargers the efficiency differences are just not that big compared to weather and speed variability, if others' road trip reports are to be believed. The Raven adaptive suspension is better enough that I think I would skip the 100D, but if the ride/handling tradeoff of the 100D is acceptable to you, I wouldn't kick one of those out of bed either

Reactions: Walker34