Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Raven doors don't unlock as I walk up to car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - Sorry if this is a silly question but I have a 2019 model X raven and overall great upgrade from my model S. That said the doors confuse me a little, if I double press the key to unlock the front doors unlock but if I walk to the car they don't unlock, ive gotten so used to my key being in my pocket and the doors unlocking im wondering if im doing something wrong?

I had another model X for a while (non premium pack) which worked fine with the walk to car doors unlock thing.

The only thought I had is could this be because I have the auto doors disabled? because I park on street worried about them opening when a car / bike is coming by.

Matt

Hi - Sorry if this is a silly question but I have a 2019 model X raven and overall great upgrade from my model S. That said the doors confuse me a little, if I double press the key to unlock the front doors unlock but if I walk to the car they don't unlock, ive gotten so used to my key being in my pocket and the doors unlocking im wondering if im doing something wrong?

I had another model X for a while (non premium pack) which worked fine with the walk to car doors unlock thing.

The only thought I had is could this be because I have the auto doors disabled? because I park on street worried about them opening when a car / bike is coming by.

Matt
"Passive Entry" = unlock when the fob is close
"Automatic Doors" = open the driver door when unlocked AND the fob is close + open the driver door when an unlock signal is received from the fob (double-click) + open the passenger door when an unlock signal is received from the fob (double-click) while the driver door is open

Automatic dors may also determine whether the driver door will close when you walk away with the fob and whether all doors will close when you send a lock signal from the fob (single-click or triple-click).

Based on your description, you want to enable passive entry, which I believe is in the security settings (as opposed to the door settings). FYI, passive entry is also what allows the vehicle to be started and driven anytime a fob is detected as in the vehicle.

Last edited: