Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 SR Model 3 worht it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are finally getting rid of my wife's 2020 Honda CR-V and switching to, almost, full EV family. Selling our ICE with profit to put it as down payment so our choices are limited, and most likely 2019-2020 SR Model 3. I found few on Tesla's website with 20k miles for about $30k or even less. Don't care about FSD or EAP. Range is 240 miles (I guess when new), anyone here can help with simple question, worth it? YES or NO?

I myself have 100D Model X and had 4 in the past so I'm familiar with Teslas. Just never had SR models before. We commute about 100 miles a day and go on road trips in my X, but now will be switching back and forth :D So should I buy one or save up a bit more and just get LR ?

The rated range of an SR+ from that time period would be 240, with degradation most are likely going to have a rated range of 210-220 would be my guess. I would say "no way" since MSRP on a model 3 RWD is 39,990 and most people will qualify for a 3500 tax credit on it at this point.

So, the question is, is a brand new car, with the heat pump and LFP battery, worth about 5-6k more than a 3 year old one? For me, thats a clear "yes it is".

Reactions: XPsionic
The rated range of an SR+ from that time period would be 240, with degradation most are likely going to have a rated range of 210-220 would be my guess. I would say "no way" since MSRP on a model 3 RWD is 39,990 and most people will qualify for a 3500 tax credit on it at this point.

So, the question is, is a brand new car, with the heat pump and LFP battery, worth about 5-6k more than a 3 year old one? For me, thats a clear "yes it is".
thanks! I would've loved to just get LR tbh, so much better car and with up to $9500 in rebates it makes no brainer choice. Maybe better idea is just to wait for refresh model 3 then? What do you think?

thanks! I would've loved to just get LR tbh, so much better car and with up to $9500 in rebates it makes no brainer choice. Maybe better idea is just to wait for refresh model 3 then? What do you think?

I am not following that closely, but if you have the ability to wait, AND care about those things, sure. If you dont care about FSD or EAP though, then you are looking at the computer for basically resale value, and possibly spending more to get it.