Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Supercharging Speed Update Nerfed Overall Charge Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it. If anything it will just make things worse. BTW, I don't see many of the V10 changes working on cars such as ours, with AP1 and MCU1.

FWIW, last year did 5K mile cross country road trip and averaged 60 mph including charging stops. I never went below 29 nor above 93 SOC. You can still do the road trips, might take 5-10% longer.

To those who are buying CPO cars, is Tesla disclosing the reduction in charge rate? I would think that would be legally important and something Tesla would have to do, since Tesla are the ones who made an active decision to throttle back the charging and have data on every vehicle in the fleet.

I would not buy a CPO Tesla without Tesla stating two things in writing: Maximum range of that particular vehicle at 100% SOC, and how much the supercharging rate has been reduced from new. If Tesla cannot provide those two data points, I would not buy the car.

Something else to be aware of... Tesla is capping batteries at a lower capacity due to a potential safety issue, removing significant amounts of range. When Tesla receives such a vehicle as trade-in, Tesla rebadges the car to a smaller battery size when it resells as CPO. A car originally sold as an 85 may be rebadged to a 75 or even 60 depending on how much the battery was capped. However, Tesla does not disclose this fact at the time of purchase or the fact that those customers may be purchasing a battery with a latent defect.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
I would not buy a CPO Tesla without Tesla stating two things in writing: Maximum range of that particular vehicle at 100% SOC, and how much the supercharging rate has been reduced from new. If Tesla cannot provide those two data points, I would not buy the car.

The problem is that someone else will buy it. Tesla isn't interested in selling to informed consumers, so they will not change their ways.