TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019 Tesla shareholder meeting lunch

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by ORB, May 6, 2019.

1. ORB

ORB Member

Hi all,

I'm soliciting interest for a group lunch after the Tesla shareholder meeting this year. Unfortunately I'll be returning from overseas that day and won't be able to attend, but I will book the restaurant reservation. As in prior years, the shareholder meeting will be in the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA, taking place on Tuesday June 11, 2019, starting at 2:30 pm.

I'll book the reservation at Cucina Venti restaurant again, probably at 3:45 pm. It is across the street from the Computer History Museum. I'm thinking of 10 people, but anyone interested please respond to this thread, will make the reservation very soon.

Thanks!

Oliver Barrett

• Like x 1
  2. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

There's no way for me to make it this year.

3. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

Just an FYI Bonnie on Twitter was organizing something as well, had quite a few responses. Sounds good but you might want to coordinate efforts with her.

4. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Hi @ORB , I will attend if you have got it happening. Good tip from @shrspeedblade if Bonnie has something going on. A quick Twitter check, I didn't find it. But no doubt she has something going on.

5. ORB

ORB Member

• Like x 1
  6. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

Sorry Oliver, just reread that post and saw you were already part of it.

Blu Zap, you have to scroll quite a ways down Bonnie's feed to see it.

Can I ask a dumb, somewhat OT question: How do you prove your share ownership to get into the shareholder's meeting? I've never been before. Is it as simple as whipping up my ally invest app and showing the shares or do they have us on some sort of list? Thanks in advance!

7. Utah John

Utah John Member

Vanguard had an online proxy for me to cast my vote, and I clicked ‘vote in person’. A week later I got paper proxy documents to present at the meeting. Also said it was not a guarantee for admittance. Looking for how to register for this, as I will be driving from Utah to attend.

• Like x 1
  8. Utah John

Utah John Member

I am planning to attend the meeting and lunch.
    John Lee

9. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

John, this is what I found on the Investors FAQ section of the Tesla website:

You may attend an annual meeting if you were a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for that meeting and can provide photo ID and proof of stock ownership at the meeting. The “Record Date” for our 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders is April 13, 2017. Proof of stock ownership may include materials you receive from us or your broker (such as a broker statement) that lists you as a Tesla stockholder, but depends on your form of ownership. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting for additional details. Our proxy statement relating to the 2017 annual meeting is available at: SEC Filings.

Obviously from a couple years back, but probably still valid. Still would like someone who has gone before to chime in how particular they are i.e. Does it need to be a hard copy?

10. ORB

ORB Member

Ok, I put in a request for a reservation at Cucina Venti Restaurant in Mountain View on June 11th at 3:45 pm, for 10 people. Thanks for everyone’s interest!
    Oliver Barrett

• Like x 1
  11. slcasner

slcasner Member

My wife and I will be at the shareholders' meeting and would like to take part in Oliver's reservation.

12. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

I will be sending Mrs Oyster, aka Moonlight, to join you all, same as last year. Do you need any advance payment this year?

• Like x 1
  13. ORB

ORB Member

Hi all,

I’m still trying to negotiate reasonable terms with the restaurant, will let you all know about advance payment arrangements.

• Like x 2
  14. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Thanks to @ORB's for setting this up. You can make reservations for lunch thru EventBrite (TSLA Annual Meeting - After Lunch).

Seating is limited, due to restaurant size, but we've all fit in there before!

• Love x 1
  15. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

Done. Thanks for setting this up Oliver and Bonnie. I look forward to meeting you all in person.

(Now we just need to stock mini-rally to brighten the mood!)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Moonlight

Moonlight Member

Thank you Oliver and Bonnie! This meeting after the meeting has always been very special to me and I'm looking forward to it again this year!

• Love x 1
  17. slcasner

slcasner Member

Thanks for the arrangements. My wife and I will attend.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. bonnie

For others just thinking about it - we have an upper limit on # of attendees and are about halfway there. If we bump up against the upper limit, I'll talk to the restaurant about increasing headcount.

All this to say 'if you're going to get around to it in the next few days, now would be a good time'. :)

19. bonnie

I talked to the restaurant today & they will offer a GF vegan paella for for our group, in addition to more traditional fare.

20. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Wish I could make it but there is just no way -- my father's in the hospital.