Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the caveat that this could certainly be my imagination since I haven't driven nearly as many miles recently, it seems like the 12.1 update (or maybe it started in 12) changed the driving dynamics of autopilot. Particularly it feels like lane changes "feel" different than before. They haven't slowed down how quickly the lane change "starts" after you engage the blinker, but it it seems like the the amount of time it takes to complete it is noticeably slower/smoother. Since the "lane change" improvements last fall, the changes happened really assertively. I feel like they've recently made them more natural. I also noticed since 12.1 I've had 4 or 5 lane change aborts which never happened in recent updates. For reference I'm on HW3. Any one else notice this? Or my imagination since my volume of driving has gone down so much?

With the caveat that this could certainly be my imagination since I haven't driven nearly as many miles recently, it seems like the 12.1 update (or maybe it started in 12) changed the driving dynamics of autopilot. Particularly it feels like lane changes "feel" different than before. They haven't slowed down how quickly the lane change "starts" after you engage the blinker, but it it seems like the the amount of time it takes to complete it is noticeably slower/smoother. Since the "lane change" improvements last fall, the changes happened really assertively. I feel like they've recently made them more natural. I also noticed since 12.1 I've had 4 or 5 lane change aborts which never happened in recent updates. For reference I'm on HW3. Any one else notice this? Or my imagination since my volume of driving has gone down so much?

Agreed, I think it started with 2020.8.1 where it took many turn signal blinks to initiate a lane change, and it does abort completely sometimes.

Reactions: AustinM3LR
Cool, I don’t have Auto Pilot.

4C884968-378E-4C66-8379-FA2C3EE2321D.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: not4antoher

Exactly the same experience I'm having. Lane change behavior is definitely different in 12.1

Reactions: AustinM3LR
Our car he's been stuck downloading 2020.12 for a day. If the progress bar showed percentage complete, then it would be about 3%.

The car is connected to out WiFi network. I have tried turning WiFi off and back on. I have also tried a soft system reboot (simultaneously pressing both steering wheel buttons).

Any ideas?

have you tried rebooting your wireless AP? today, I gave the upgrade a try (12.x) and it had to go thru 8.x; which took a long time, for my experience (1/2 hour to download, maybe more). it kept losing wifi (but not really; seems internal wifi was crashing; complaining about dhcp but I don't think my dhcp side was bad, in my house).

try resetting the AP in the house. doubt it will fix things, but its worth doing if you really are 'out of dhcp addrs'.