Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11.5 firmware is released.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2020.12.11.5 on my 2017 MXP100D. No USB icon (this briefly appeared in a 2020.4 release but Then disappeared in a subsequent update I applied). Apart from bug fixes and minor tweaks the latest release provides limited benefit to me. Real shame. Awaiting option to upgrade to MCU2

Trying since last night to install 2020.12.11.5 on my Model X - stuck in a loop. Says its available, says it's starting, then back to It's available. I've tried the 2 thumb reboot, that didn't work.... anything else I can try??

Same here on my Model S. Software update available tries to download but it is stuck and doesn't move might be not quite the same thing because it hasn't gone away It just sits there and doesn't download had this happen on the last version required a service visit to fix it tech said that I had corrupted files in my MCU that were preventing the download from progressing.

I'm reading many responses in this thread that are similar symptoms as my streaming has stopped working. additionally no USB drives are recognized upon insertion so no USB music files. I'm hoping this update will cure those things if I can ever get it to download.

I am also having update issues. With the phone app I can start the install, but it will only go about 10% and then stop and say ‘update available’.

Local owner mentioned it could be the mcu failing (I’m in a 2013).

Any advice?
I was having the same problem with the update of the prior version. After several unsuccessful attempts from my phone I tried a few attempts from the vehicle itself without success. I resolved the problem by doing a hard reboot.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I’m sorry, I meant your failed attempts to install. Or were they one in the same

I tried the same reboot to get the update but this apparently did not solve the issue.

Just after one or two more attempts, all of a sudden, the download went beyond the critical first 10% and the install process happened successfully.

But then I noticed that I had lost my data connectivity. A 2 scroll buttons reboot solved the issue.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
Update: for my 2013 85 i was able to successfully update to 12.11.5 by going out to the vehicle and manually hitting the update. I never got an update was about to begin notification or update complete notification. Watched on my app look like it got stuck at 10% but when I checked later it was at 60% and then later was done.

Just my 5 cents 2014 P85 pre auto. Got notification last night, couldn’t install it over app. Stuck in continuous loop of 2 minutes and back to “update available”
As I’m writing this my car finished installing it.
image.jpg
and most important thing is..... second image...
image.jpg

Reactions: kwjayhawk
My summon doesnt seem to work, had never tried it before 2017 P90d , it appears in my app then on the main screen (beta) but always says "summon failed "in tge app. put in a ticket to the SC who said if its on the screen in the car it should work.

Any ideas anyone please ?