Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11 Rolling Out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. I'd be more excited, but I can't enable it. It says to connect to WiFi to download the latest maps. I am connected to WiFi. Maybe it will download the maps overnight?
20200424_224919.jpg

Reactions: Jomie2020
Installed 12.10 the other day, then yesterday while driving I saw a grayed out instruction on the software menu to connect to WiFi and load latest Navigation maps. I forgot to do it when I got home.
So this morning I just installed 12.11 and the initial note at the top of the screen said for this feature to be enabled “...latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded...”
How do I do this? The note in the software menu has now disappeared.

5D4470DC-EAB6-4059-8C11-49A9CD7CBAD5.jpeg
Installed 12.10 the other day, then yesterday while driving I saw a grayed out instruction on the software menu to connect to WiFi and load latest Navigation maps. I forgot to do it when I got home.
So this morning I just installed 12.11 and the initial note at the top of the screen said for this feature to be enabled “...latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded...”
Forgot to attach the initial notes screen from this morning’s 12.11 download. See the note at top regarding Navigation maps differs from the archived update notes for 12.11.

I had the same thing last night. This morning it works great. I don't think there's any notification for maps updating, it just happens when you're connected to WiFi overnight. I'm going to try it out in a bit! :)

Works great! It works with both Autosteer and just cruise control. It's funny, you still get the "Cruise control will not brake" warning, but it does brake for traffic signals and stop signs. 500 feet from the light/sign it will warn you. If it's a green light, tap the gas and it will roll through it. if it's red, you have to wait till it's green to tap the gas and go. If it's a stop sign, tap the gas after it stops and it will go again.

Works great! It works with both Autosteer and just cruise control. It's funny, you still get the "Cruise control will not brake" warning, but it does brake for traffic signals and stop signs. 500 feet from the light/sign it will warn you. If it's a green light, tap the gas and it will roll through it. if it's red, you have to wait till it's green to tap the gas and go. If it's a stop sign, tap the gas after it stops and it will go again.
Thanks Nakk. I figured maps must be updated but this morning’s 12.11 note about connecting to WiFi to update maps confused me.

Reactions: Nakk
Is this 12.11 and traffic light stop thing for Ys with FSD only? I assumed they are FSD features but you guys kept mentioning autopilot so maybe it's for all?
I have FSD. But I’m not sure if this 12.11 update is being pushed first to those who purchased it. I’m guessing it’s eventually being rolled out to all Y’s because there are other enhancements such as better voice command, shows inoperable charging stations in nav and better music streaming which everyone should get.