Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11 ?!?! - To Many Version ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Just when it seemed like everyone (most) were progressing towards 2020.12.10 then 2020.12.11 starts hitting.

Is it just me or are there a lot of sub version appearing lately?

Who knows what’s really going on but it almost seams like there so many models with so many different hardware versions and Tesla really working towards an official pass of FSD with Stop Lights, Stop Signs, Surface Streets and they have no choice but to put out all these various, car specific versions, as we progress to a more general release.

Thoughts ?
Comments ?

Downloading as we speak...

Attachments

• 8AA1A15E-9B76-462C-892A-8E651FB4D720.png
    8AA1A15E-9B76-462C-892A-8E651FB4D720.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
  • Helpful
Reactions: tesatx
Just when it seemed like everyone (most) were progressing towards 2020.12.10 then 2020.12.11 starts hitting.

Is it just me or are there a lot of sub version appearing lately?

Who knows what’s really going on but it almost seams like there so many models with so many different hardware versions and Tesla really working towards an official pass of FSD with Stop Lights, Stop Signs, Surface Streets and they have no choice but to put out all these various, car specific versions, as we progress to a more general release.

Thoughts ?
Comments ?
To give you a serious answer, it means Tesla is fixing bugs. However, there is always the danger that a fix breaks something else. Complex real time software is difficult to test. 12.10 was a bug fix but without stopping at stop signs and traffic lights. 12.6 enabled stopping at lights and stop signs. We will have to wait for the release note post to tell what 12.11 is. It could be adding traffic light and stop sign stopping to the 12.10 fixes.

Reactions: TK16688
To give you a serious answer, it means Tesla is fixing bugs. However, there is always the danger that a fix breaks something else. Complex real time software is difficult to test. 12.10 was a bug fix but without stopping at stop signs and traffic lights. 12.6 enabled stopping at lights and stop signs. We will have to wait for the release note post to tell what 12.11 is. It could be adding traffic light and stop sign stopping to the 12.10 fixes.
Right now at least, it appears to going to MY's only and 12.10 to the rest of the fleet. Of course that could just be the way of Tesla and means nothing.

Okay I try to keep up with acronyms but what is a PUP?
Performance Upgrade Package; when I ordered my Performance M3 you could get just that, without bigger brakes, bigger wheels, chrome pedals, and other gewgaws I was not interested in paying extra for. I think this is also called a “stealth” Performance Model 3, as there is no badge either, which I *like* not having.