Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5.6: Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be possible. I wouldn't disagree with that.

You have been here a long long time.

Have you seen the confidentiality agreement? What do you think about the technical discussion vs. the agreement?

I have never been presented such an agreement, and never been in any early access program.

I’m generally much more interested in the technical content and discussion, but both can be important discussions to have.

Reactions: MarcG
Now that is scary! Imagine if you could not grab it time and someone was in the way. It's only matter of time before we hear of people getting run over (assuming it hasn't happened already). I'm afraid to even use it in my driveway. Even with the continuous press, there could still be a glitch that causes the car not to stop even after losing communication.

At least when inside the car, the driver can still hit the brakes. Outside, one is putting total trust in a computer. There's a video on Youtube with a smart summoned Model 3 taking a longer route in the opposite direction. There was hardly anyone around, but it's not hard to imagine it trying to navigate a crowded area on its own. Crazy.
Right and that is the reason I don't use the click to start and clip to start. Sure, I imagine there could always be some strange quirk for the car not to stop if communication is lost on a continuous click, but I am VERY familiar with the programming of that process and it is a tiny probability. Again, for me, it is not fully reason for primetime, so it is a rare occasion I use it. Lots of people use it successfully though.

N

Not always true. When I first got my 3 I wrote about my Summon experience and how the "low battery" prompt on the iPhone popped up and overrode the release to stop function. The modal in the phone took priority over the app and the app didnt realize I took my finger off the button because low battery popped up.
right, and agree. I am talking about loss of communication from the phone to the Tesla server.

This is just for Early Access. It is NOT for wide release.
I am not part of EAP... just got 2020.12.6 installed.. It has traffic light and stop sign recognition.... itching to try it out... though it requires latest map data to download.... not sure now when the map data will download....with less traffic on roads because of stay-at-home orders.. it is the best time to try out this feature....

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_135229.jpg
    IMG_20200424_135229.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 63