Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5.6: Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. 2020.12.5.6 could also go out to non early access but this traffic light feature is only going out to early access so far.

Yes, that is indeed a possibility. Curious to see what non-EAP release notes look like for this version. Given it’s a dot-dot-dot release of 2020.12.5, my guess would be “nothing new” relative to that one, but who knows with Tesla these days.

I’m not so sure.. maybe it’s Tesla’s intention, but why is it showing up in dozens on TeslaFi if it’s EAP only?

Its showing up in Teslafi because there are Early Access Program folks that are violating the EAP agreement.

Why can't people just do the right thing? If you aren't supposed to be a part of any 3rd party software applications.....THEN DON'T.

Teslafi doesn't even offer anyone anything. There is NO advantage of being a part of it. Sure - folks can see updates rolling out, and that's beneficial for the mass amount of Tesla owners.

Why can't people just do right?

This is the kind of things that stop companies like Tesla from having such things as Early Access.

Its showing up in Teslafi because there are Early Access Program folks that are violating the EAP agreement.
Not necessarily (see comments from @diplomat33 and myself above).

Teslafi doesn't even offer anyone anything. There is NO advantage of being a part of it.

Strongly disagree with this. I find TeslaFi extremely useful for a number of reasons (charging history, software updates, travel history, etc.)

This is the kind of things that stop companies like Tesla from having such things as Early Access.

Not true either. Tesla could very well implement restrictions in their API for specific vehicles (e.g. those in EAP) that disallow access from other clients than their own app. They just chose not to.

Not necessarily (see comments above).

Strongly disagree with this. I find TeslaFi extremely useful for a number of reasons (charging history, software updates, travel history, etc.)

Not true either. Tesla could very well implement restrictions in their API for specific vehicles (e.g. those in EAP) that disallow access from other clients than their own app. They just chose not to.

Marc,

You aren't hearing me.

Teslafi is great for the masses and I understand what they are doing. HOWEVER, If YOU sign up for Teslafi….what advantage is it to YOU as an individual? What does Teslafi offer you? Nothing. There is nothing wrong with Teslafi or what they do at all, but as an individual....what do they give you? They don't sell a product or anything. The collect data and posts it -that's just fine.

Lastly....Tesla asked nicely for those ( adults ) that are part of the EAP to NOT become a part of such a thing. Right? So now they have to treat adults like children and do the work of blocking such folks?

Someone here earlier ( in 2018 or something ) posted on another thread that Tesla specifically mentioned that you can't be a part of Teslafi and be a part of the Early Access Plan in their confidentiality agreement.

Again...why can't people just do right? If Tesla kindly askes you to NOT do something....they why?

Why can't people just do right ?

Last edited:
Marc,

You aren't hearing me.

Teslafi is great for the masses and I understand what they are doing. HOWEVER, If YOU sign up for Teslafi….what advantage is it to YOU as an individual?

Lastly....Tesla asked nicely for those ( adults ) that are part of the EAP to NOT become a part of such a thing. Right? So now they have to treat adults like children and do the work of blocking such folks?

I agree EAP owners shouldn’t use TeslaFi or other software that violates the term of their agreement to be in the EAP. I’m also stating that it is up to Tesla to also implement safeguards, such as API limits, if they want to enforce it on their side.

As for the advantages of using such software to an individual, I believe I already stated those in my previous message. I’ve used VisibleTesla on my S for 4 years and now TeslaFi on my 3 for a year.

Anyway, we’re drifting from the subject at hand. I’d like to keep this thread focused on 2020.12.5.6 please.

I agree EAP owners shouldn’t use TeslaFi or other software that violates the term of their agreement to be in the EAP.

As for the advantages of using such software to an individual, I believe I already stated those in my previous message. I’ve used VisibleTesla on my S for 4 years and now TeslaFi on my 3 for a year.

Anyway, we’re drifting from the subject at hand. I’d like to keep this thread focused on 2020.12.5.6 please.

What are you getting from Teslafi? That's what I'm asking.

Are they offering you some kind of discount on something? Coupons for something?

If you stop participating....what are you losing?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would risk getting kicked out of EAP vs. being a part of Teslafi.

A single individual that removes themselves from Teslafi won't change their data by anything substantial.

Are they offering you some kind of discount on something? Coupons for something?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would risk getting kicked out of EAP vs. being a part of Teslafi.

A single individual that removes themselves from Teslafi won't change their data by anything substantial.

Please refer to the TeslaFi threads to understand what services they offer. You many not see value in it, but over 11,000 owners and paying customers (including myself) do.

Again, let’s please keep this thread focused on 2020.12.5.6 now. Thank you.

I think people like the trip data that Fi provides (well aggregates). Along with seeing trends in battery usage. It would be nice if Tesla were to buy them or Tezlab and integrate the data into their app like Jaguar and Audi does for their cars. Make it apart of the premium service.

The NDA for early access says you can't use 3rd party software like TeslaFi. If Tesla catches them they can kick them out of Early Access, but some people do it anyway.

You also can't post any details about the EAP updates, but people do that too.

Plenty of folks still do and Tesla hasn't done much about it so far. EA-only versions show up on Stats and Teslascope with regularity, TeslaFi's been seeing fewer recently, but this build actually went to the wider EA program people. It's the first one in a while, previous releases went to select few cars.

They did send a letter to owners clubs last night reminding people to mind the NDAs, that's also a first in a while.

I think people like the trip data that Fi provides (well aggregates). Along with seeing trends in battery usage. It would be nice if Tesla were to buy them or Tezlab and integrate the data into their app like Jaguar and Audi does for their cars. Make it apart of the premium service.

Thanks for listing something.

I use Scan My Tesla for that. Much more data. No APP

Thanks for your response.

Please refer to the TeslaFi threads to understand what services they offer. You many not see value in it, but over 11,000 owners and paying customers (including myself) do.

Again, let’s please keep this thread focused on 2020.12.5.6 now. Thank you.

LOL....there can't be much said on this thread about 2020.12.5.6....unless you want folks to violate the NDA that we are talking about.

Thanks for listing something.

I use Scan My Tesla for that. Much more data. No APP

Thanks for your response.

I believe I listed 3 benefits to me of using TeslaFi. I might have said that you could’ve missed them, but they were included in your reply that quoted my post, so you MUST have read them, right? ;)

LOL....there can't be much said on this thread about 2020.12.5.6....unless you want folks to violate the NDA that we are talking about.

As @diplomat33 mentioned, there is a possibility this same release is rolled out to non-EAP owners but without the stop light/sign feature. Don’t make the assumption that the steadily increasing number of owners on TeslaFi who upgraded their car to 2020.12.5.6 are necessarily part of EAP, because you don’t know that for a fact.

So one thing I’ve noticed that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is that they lowered the max speed you can go while on non interstate roads. I can now only go up to the speed limit rather than the 5 mph over on non interstate roads that I could before. Does anyone know if this is tied directly to 12.5.6 or is this on 12.5 also?
That would suck if fsd drives at speed limit.

Reactions: JBT66
PSA to EAP participants using TeslaFi, you can hide your vehicle from the firmware page in your account settings. Might not stop Tesla from knowing you're using it though.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.20.25 AM.png

So one thing I’ve noticed that I haven’t seen mentioned yet is that they lowered the max speed you can go while on non interstate roads. I can now only go up to the speed limit rather than the 5 mph over on non interstate roads that I could before. Does anyone know if this is tied directly to 12.5.6 or is this on 12.5 also?

2020.12.5 still allows 5mph over the limit on non-divided roads.
Wait, so you have 2020.12.5.6 already? If so, can you please post release notes? And lastly, are you part of the early access program?

2020.12.5 still allows 5mph over the limit on non-divided roads.
Wait, so you have 2020.12.5.6 already? If so, can you please post release notes? And lastly, are you part of the early access program?
Looks like you already posted them on your first post, that was all there was in the release notes. The only other time I got an EAP release was when smart summon came out to FSD people a week ahead of full release so yes and no I guess. From what I understand there is the real EAP where this released a couple weeks ago, then there’s people like me that purchased FSD that get a mostly feature complete release shortly before full release.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Looks like you already posted them on your first post, that was all there was in the release notes. The only other time I got an EAP release was when smart summon came out to FSD people a week ahead of full release so yes and no I guess. From what I understand there is the real EAP where this released a couple weeks ago, then there’s people like me that purchased FSD that get a mostly feature complete release shortly before full release.

I wonder if it's possible you got invited to Early Access, and the email got redirected to your spam folder or something.

Please let us know how well it works, once you get a chance to test it, if you're comfortable with sharing!