Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5.6: Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I'm late to the part but I'm a little surprised why camera recalibation would be required.

aTyERc7.jpg

What im really hoping for soon is for the driving visualizations to be improved. Still way too many on coming vehicles getting completely missed (i understand/ hope that the car actually sees them, but the whole idea for these visualizations is to build our confidence in what our vehicles can see... when cars appear and disappear... shakes that confidence a bit.)

The only other thing right now i desperately want is for the B-pillar cameras to be activated for dashcam/ sentry cam. PLEASE!!!

Reactions: dutchchili
Confidentiality Agreement
  • You must agree to keep your experiences in the program confidential.
  • You may not share any information about this program with the public-e.g. posting on any forums, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
  • You may not use any third-party apps that access data from your vehicle-e.g. TeslaFi, ev-fw.com, etc.
  • If we determine you have shared information about the Early Access Program or violated these terms, you will be removed from this program.
    I don't understand why folks in the forum who post or provide information released to Early Access don't know if they are "really" in the EAP. If you received an NDA, you are in the EAP and you are not supposed to talk about it's features.

There are cases of people who accidentally have Enhanced Autopilot without paying for it, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are cases of people who are accidentally sent Early Access software without being a part of the Early Access Program.

That wasn't my point. My point was: folks can't claim they don't know if they are in the EAP or not.

As it evolves into tru FSD I don't see how it could be any other way. Self-driving cars are going to be the menaces of the roadways.
Nonsense. They're going to provide real traffic stabilization and will make the roads much safer from those who think they can ignore the laws of physics (or who are ignorant of them in the first place).

Nonsense. They're going to provide real traffic stabilization and will make the roads much safer from those who think they can ignore the laws of physics (or who are ignorant of them in the first place).

What do you think about the people who enjoy the g force in their Tesla's everyday on the public road?

FSD will rid of all enjoyment of driving even though Tesla is a very fun car to drive.

Having fun in car = ignorant and dangerous?

What do you think about the people who enjoy the g force in their Tesla's everyday on the public road?

FSD will rid of all enjoyment of driving even though Tesla is a very fun car to drive.

Having fun in car = ignorant and dangerous?

If autonomous driving ever becomes a reality and mandated by governments, we will have dramatically less accidents and fatal rates, also increasing road capacity and therefore less traffic.

Sure, FSD will get rid of enjoyment of driving, but this is public road that you are talking here. You don't own the road, period.

If you want to have fun when that day happens, go to the track, you can have plenty of fun there.

I think it will be a long time before human driving is disallowed on all public roads.

My guess is that we'll first see specific lanes on interstates on which only vehicles being driven autonomously can drive (similar to HOV lanes today), then all interstates, then all highways, then all public roads.

Many milestones need to be achieved for each step, so I give it 10 years at the minimum before all public roads are mandated as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7 and SlimJim
If autonomous driving ever becomes a reality and mandated by governments, we will have dramatically less accidents and fatal rates, also increasing road capacity and therefore less traffic.

Sure, FSD will get rid of enjoyment of driving, but this is public road that you are talking here. You don't own the road, period.

If you want to have fun when that day happens, go to the track, you can have plenty of fun there.

I like to drive faster than the limit.
When the mandatory FSD comes the days of people who drive below the limit will be over also. And the left lane hoggers won't be able to do that any longer either. I am all for it.
But I don't see this becoming reality within 20 years at least.

I like to drive faster than the limit.
When the mandatory FSD comes the days of people who drive below the limit will be over also. And the left lane hoggers won't be able to do that any longer either. I am all for it.
But I don't see this becoming reality within 20 years at least.

I think alot of us like to drive faster than the limit from time to time, I do the same. I am not advocating left land hoggers as well, as I do follow the "left lane is for passing" policy.

But we should all embrace change and not clinging to the past, just like how cars now going from manual to automatic transmissions and the trend from gas to electric cars currently. Just like how we contribute to a better environment driving electric cars to our society, we should do the same with autonomous driving when the day comes.

wonder if this update contains the AP rewrite
That they have been talking about? Anyone knows?

2020.12.5.6 is starting to roll out to non-EAP owners, and this version apparently has Traffic Light and Stop Sign control features. If true, this could be huge.

Souces:

Twitter

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracke

I wonder if this update contains the AP rewrite
That they have been talking about? Anyone knows?

View attachment 532923

They don't have to. They would be able to see what cars are being accessed by the API. Their own software would be able to see who is using 3rd party calls.

I'm not sure what kind of paper trails API records or how that works. I'm going to have to do some research on it if I have some free time.

Either way..If Tesla kicks them out of Early Access....then.....oh well.

Why don't people just follow the rules and do right? Its so simple.